Lies (Part 2)

**Third Person POV**

As Artemis went into the bathroom, Stiles couldn't stop thinking about him and Artemis in the past times, when they met as kids, how they would joke around with each other, and protect each other. Artemis was always the girl that would do anything to make someone happy and every time, she would accomplish that, no matter the situation. She enlightened the mood. That was one of the reasons, Stiles took a like in her, more than a best friend. Sometimes he wonders what have happened if he never kissed Malia that night.

Artemis would've still been his. Be there to comfort him, through the restless nights. But..then she would've never disappeared? But, would Art have been on the dead pool list as well? What if... All these thoughts roamed around Stiles's mind, just confusing him and getting too ahead of himself, he knew he couldn't change the past, even though he would love to, just so she can be his once again.

But wait...I already have Malia, I'm her mate. I shouldn't be thinking this, what happened in the past can't be changed. Stiles told himself, but in the back of his mind he didn't believe this.

Shaking his head, Stiles changed and went to open his door, but caught a glimpse of a picture that was sitting on his dresser. He looked at it and saw a picture of him in heroic stance, with his fists on his hips, while Artemis had her hands out as if she was about to claw something. Stiles smiled, it was when they were six years old and they both decided to dress up as Batman and Catwoman for the classroom Halloween party. That was a fun time. He wished he could go back to being a kid again. No problems, no curfew, no worries, just having fun and eating candy.

Stiles sighed and went downstairs and into the kitchen to see his dad looking at some files. Stiles went up behind him.

"Hey dad, what ya reading?" Stiles said peering down at the files over his dad's shoulders, but he just quickly closed them.

"You know I can't tell you that Stiles, these are confidential and only I could see them" his dad told him sternly.

"But, you know, maybe I could help?" Stiles said trying to open the files, but his dad just pulled them back to him and stood up and putting them under his arm.

"I know...I'll only tell you this much...there has been this...disease or something going around and...it has been happening to a lot of people, but they say that it changes you.." His dad trailed off, not sure how to explain it. Stiles furrowed his brows trying to understand.

"What do you mean it changes you? Like zombie change or you go through a painful process called the changing?" Stiles asked his dad. His dad looked at him weird.

"What's the changing?" His dad asked him confused to where his son heard this. Stiles just shook his head.

"Nothing, just something I read in a fictional book" Stiles told his dad. His dad nodded his head.

"Ok, but no" his dad paused. "It changes your personality or your attitude sort of...it's like this, you're yourself, but once you get affected by it, it utterly changes you. It looks as if you're under some mind control" his dad said, trying to understand it himself.

Mind control? Could that be possible? Of course it can! This is Beacon Hills, where anything supernatural can happen. Stiles thought to himself, but they were then interrupted by someone coming down the stairs.

Artemis came downstairs in the clothes that Allison and Lydia brought her. You could obviously tell that Lydia picked out the top and jewelry, while Allison picked out the jeans and shoes. The top she wore was a little tight in the chest area, because she was a late bloomer, so during the last year she kind of gained a pair of boobs.