Dream Root

**Third Person POV**

~~One Week Later~~

It has been over a week and Artemis hasn't woken up yet and hasn't shown any signs of recovery. Which worried the doctors, especially Melissa. She thought of Artemis as a daughter she wished she had. She cared for her when she was small, when her mother and uncle went hunting. She felt her heart breaking seeing Artemis lying there, immobile, getting more pale. The worst part was the fact that her heart rate was dropping everyday.

Stiles stayed by her side any time he had after school finished. He felt responsible for this for what happened to her, even if he didn't understand. He didn't like seeing her in this state. He wished it was him instead of her. When Artemis said that there would be consequences he really didn't think it would be this bad.

"Hey Art, it's me Stiles...again." Stiles whispered, grabbing her soft hand. He didn't know why he expected her to just wake up and open her eyes. He sighed and pulled up a chair next to her bed. He looked at her pale 'sleeping' body, seeing no movement besides her chest falling up and down.

"Artemis, if you can hear me, I need you to wake up. You need to fight whatever is going on in your head. You need to wake up, I-We can't have you die. We can't lose you when we just got you back. We need you." Stiles said heartbreakingly. He didn't say anything else hoping she would reply. He started to gently play with her fingers.

"Stiles." Someone said.

Stiles quickly looked up at Artemis's face, with hope and happiness, but that all went away. He saw that she hadn't moved and her eyes were still closed. He sighed and looked behind him to see Melissa and Allison standing in the doorway.

"Visiting hours are over Stiles." Melissa said looking at him sympathetically. Stiles looked down with a huff and nodded his head slightly. He stood up and looked at Artemis one last time. He gave her a ghost of a smile and gave her hand a gentle squeeze. As he let go of her hand, he swore he felt her squeeze back, but he dismissed the thought.

"Come on Stiles." Allison said leading him out the door. Melissa stayed in the room to do some checkups on Artemis.

"Do you think she is going to wake up in time?" Stiles asked, putting his hands in his jean pockets. Allison looked at the floor sadly.

"I hope she does, besides the fact the doctors say she might not," Allison said with a sigh. Stiles nodded. Allison looked up at Stiles with determination in her eyes. "But I don't care what the doctors say, I am not letting my cousin die, none of us are."

"How are we going to do that?" Stiles asked, wondering what she was saying.

"Deaton said he may have found a way to reach Artemis through her mind, so we can help her wake up." She said ambitiously.

"Well what are we doing here?" Stiles said eagerly.

"That's why I came to get you, now come on." Allison said with a small smile and grabbing Stiles's hand and taking him to the animal clinic.

~~

"Wait what do you want to use?" Stiles asked crossing his arms. He tried to understand what Deaton was saying.

"African Dream Root," Deaton said walking around the table. "It is used to go into someone's dreams or, in this situation, mind. It allows whoever drinks this to manipulate the person's dream."

"So where do we get this dream root?" Lydia asked.

"I have some but not enough so that every single one of you can go." Deaton said going through the cabinets.

"Can't I just use my claws to reach her subconscious just like I did with Stiles?" Scott asked.

"Yes, but considering the state that she is in currently, when you remove your claws she may be awake for a few minutes but she would certainly die," Deaton said turning back around with a jar. "Using the Dream Root would be a safer way and this will allow you to control her dreams."

"Okay. Let's use the dream root," Allison said walking up to the table. "I'm going."

"I'm going too." Scott said.

"So am I." Stiles said.

"Me too." Lydia said.

"Wait a moment, I do not have enough dream root for all of you to go," Deaton said taking out the dream root out from the jar. "I looks like I only have enough for two to go."

Everyone looked at each other, wondering who the two people were going.

"Like I said before, I'm going." Allison stated. She stood tall with determination on her face. Deaton nodded. The others looked at each other. When Scott was about to step forward Stiles immediately stood next to Allison.

"I'm going too." Stiles said. Deaton looked at Scott to make sure he was okay with it. Scott smiled and nodded his head.

"Alright then it's decided," Deaton said putting the dream root into a small pot. "Now all I need is some sort of DNA from Artemis."

"Like what?" Malia said carefully stepping towards the group. She was in the back all this time, not saying anything until now.

"Anything really," Deaton shrugged adding water to the pot. "Saliva, skin, a fingernail or a piece of her hair."

"Yeah...so if we get one of these things, where are you going to put it?" Lydia asked cautiously.

"Well into the mixture of course." Deaton said placing other herbs into the mixture.

"Like mixing the dream root with the DNA from Artemis?" Scott asked. Deaton nodded.

"Is it safe to drink that?" Allison asked.

"Yes it is, now let's hurry before it gets late." Deaton said pouring the liquid into two cups and placing a lid on the top. The group nodded and headed towards the hospital.

~~

They all walked down the halls of the hospital, avoiding any nurses or doctors. They reached Artemis's room, but were stopped by Scott's mom.

"What are you guys doing here? You know visiting hours are over." Melissa said looking at everyone with a confused look.

"Mom we need to see Artemis," Scott said stepping in front of his mom. "We think we can help her."

"How?" Mama McCall said skeptically. She took them into the room and they explained what they were going to do with the dream root. "So you two," she said pointing to Allison and Stiles. "Are going to go into Artemis's dreams and try to wake her up?"

"Yes, that is the plan." Deaton said going towards Artemis and taking a piece of her hair. He broke it in half and opened the lid to the cups and placed both pieces of hair into each cup.

"And this is safe? There isn't any side effects?" Melissa said being cautious.

"No none that I have heard," Deaton said giving a cup to Allison and Stiles. "But I do advise you to sit in a chair because you will fall asleep immediately after you drink this."

"Do we have to drink it all?" Stiles asked looking down at the cup.

"Yes."

"Okay," Allison sighed, looking down at the cup too. She then looked up with a small smile. She raised to cup. "For Artemis."

"For Artemis." Stiles repeated, raising his cup too. He sat down in the chair that was next to her bed. He looked at her sleeping form and hoped that she would wake up. He drank all of the tea and placed the cup down, just as Allison did. They waited.

"So when is this going to-" Stiles started saying but instantly fell asleep. His head hung low while a few snores escaped his lips. Allison looked at him sleepily before she fell asleep on the couch that was in the room. Everyone laughed.

"So you really think this is going to work?" Melissa asked looking at Deaton and Scott.

"It has to." Scott said looking at the three sleeping people.