Prologue

{edited}
**Artemis's POV**

After a couple hours of driving I finally saw the sign that said 'Welcome to Beacon Hills'. I haven't been here in over a year, and from the looks of it, it hasn't changed one bit. Everything looks the same. Same old trees, same streets, buildings, color of the sky, etc. But I know two things that are different in this place. One, there will always be new supernatural mysteries/kills and two, me. I'm different and I know everyone will immediately think that. Back then I was a mere normal human girl, with exceptional hunter skills. But now I'm more than just a normal girl with exceptional hunter skills, I'm more powerful. And now after a year, I am back and ready to take on this town with all that I have.

Currently, I am driving my black Mustang Stallion, that I got from a fellow friend that I have made in the past year. Along with that, I have my best friend Rose, I met her a couple days after I "disappeared". She has helped me through a lot, and I mean a lot. She shaped me into the person I am today.

Now, the reason we came back to Beacon Hills was to do a very important task, that we were sent to do. If I weren't told to do this, I wouldn't even think about coming back here. I hated everything that happened in this town, it all lead to the three people I cared about, dead. Soon after, we arrived to Rose's rented house. It was a simple white and black painted house, with two floors, three bedrooms, and two bathrooms. It was also a couple streets down from my other "best friend," Scott McCall.

Once we went inside the house, we saw our boss standing next to the fire place in the living room. He told us to sit down, we obeyed. He started going on about what his plan was, how and when it was going to happen, what he needed and why he needed our help.

"You both now understand the plan right?" He asked us. We looked at him determined and nodded. He grinned wickedly.

"Good, Alright. I do not want any mistakes to be made, or else there will be consequences." He told is with a stern tone. We nodded.

"Okay, we understand your master plan, so can you maybe get out of here." Rose said, not as a question, but as a statement, to our boss. He looked at her with evil/angry look and then just disappeared. Rose was one of those people who speak their mind and don't care what other people think about, nor feel.

I sighed in relief. Every time he is in the room, you can feel his aurora of anger and revengefulness radiate off of him. I've seen him do things, and no one should make him angry, but does Rose care about what he thinks? No. One of these days she's going to get killed because of it.

"You know what frustrates me about this whole plan? That we have to go to high school." Rose exclaimed. She got up from the couch.

"Well duh, what did you expect? That we go to some high ranked, expensive, private school?" I said sarcastically, looking up at her. She looked at me with attitude.

"No, but I don't need to go to high school, okay? I understand that he wants you to go because you are still 17. But me? He must be out of his freakin mind." She said pacing angrily back and forth.

"Rose, don't complain. You heard him, he said that after we accomplish the plan, you can do what ever you want to do. While I? I still have to stick around after and follow his orders." I replied frustratedly.

"Yeah I guess you're right, but don't you think it was unusual for him to say that?" She asked, sitting back down on the couch.

"To be honest. I found that part really weird, because he never lets any of us go. Ever." I stated, while taking out my phone.

"That's the part that I don't like, at all." she quietly said, thinking about something.

The whole room was then silent. I kept looking through my phone. Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, etc. I went through it all, but never liking any posts. If I did, then my cover would be blown and everyone would know I was alive.