Chapter 11 - "Who the hell are you?"

A man walks out of the darkness. Josie doesn't recognize him. He glares at her with an evil look in his eyes. They are green, and his light orange locks sit on top of his head. Surprise surprise, he's dressed the way villains typically do in movies. Josie feels as though he has a thing for being dramatic.

"Who the hell are you?" He studies Josie briefly, perhaps making sure she's unable to move. It's hard to tell what he's thinking, or hard to even guess. Her head still feels kind of fuzzy.

"That's not important."

"What happened? I was supposed to be going to an important meeting with someone." Josie huffs, trying to shake her way out of the chair but it was no use. She gives up quickly.

"With Hope Mikaelson you mean?" Her eyebrows raise at the mention of Hope's name. "Oh...yeah I know all about your little friendship with her. It's actually one of the reasons you're here." He made sure to make air quotations at 'friendship'.

"What do you want?" Josie asks.

"Well...you see." The man comes closer, leaning his arm on the chair. He goes close to Josie's ear, causing her to flinch, as he whispers "What makes you think I'm going to tell you that now?" He then moves back.

"What do you know about Hope?"

"I know a lot of things about her and her family. But again, I don't need to talk about that with you yet. No. You're just here for...shall we say...target practice." Her heart is beating out of her chest. It doesn't take much to know what he means by 'target practice'. "That is until the plan calls for something a little more...permanent." The danger of her situation has gotten greater. Josie desperately searches for a source of magic, something she can siphon. She needs to get a message out, to someone. She has to do something, but with her hands tied, siphoning is not much of an option

"Don't bother trying to siphon. I made sure you had no magic in you or any nearby. Those chains stop you from doing magic even if you could. I'm afraid you aren't going to be going anywhere any time soon." He laughs a devilish laugh. This man is completely insane.

Josie thinks of her family. Her father, her mother, Lizzie...That's it. Their twin connection. If she can-

"I wouldn't try signaling your twin either. It won't work. I've put some things in place to stop it...and if you do try it then it'll only end very badly for you...and her. I suggest you just be quiet, little one."

"My friends and family will come for me."

"I know. I'm counting on it. Now shut up." He grins.

"When they save me, they'll make you wish you were dead."

"Sweetie...I already am." His finger brushes her chin. She flinches again. His skin is icy cold. If what he said didn't make it obvious that he's a vampire, then the feeling of his skin sure would.

"So you're a vampire?" Josie asks him. Finally, a clue to his identity.

"You're smarter than I thought. There's still a lot you don't know but well done for giving it a go. Although I did tell you to shut up and seeing as you didn't listen, I suppose we will have to do this the hard way." He comes closer to me. There are no emotions in his eyes. No light. Nothing. Like there's no soul, no humanity.

He pulls back his arm, creates a fist, and fires it at Josie's stomach. Again and again and again. Each time, the air is beaten from her chest and she lets out a pained scream. Tears cloud her eyes. His nails claw at her skin, grazing and peeling at it until blood pours out. His eyes fill with a look of hunger. His eyes land on the vein in her neck and his veins come out. He brushes the hair out of the way, allowing easy access to the flow of blood.

"This is going to hurt." He chuckles before sinking his teeth into her. The fangs pierce the skin, blood filling his mouth. Josie can't fight it, can't move. All she can do is scream, shout in pain. He drinks and drinks, her body feeling weaker by the second. By the time he stops, it's a struggle for Josie to keep her eyes open. There's a trail of blood down to his chin, which he wipes away from his sleeve. "Now drink this." He bit into his own wrist and Josie's so weak that she doesn't fight it.

"Why are you doing this?" None of his actions are making sense to her. She needs answers, though she has a feeling he will be as stubborn as he was minutes ago. There's little to no information to theorize off of, to try and make some sort of sense of it all.

"Like I've said...you don't need to know right now...but you'll find out soon enough."