Chapter 16

Sophia pov

Recap:

My father blows the whistle and the group gathers in a circle around him. The boys are all panting. They are very much out of shape. Once everyone's over to him he begins to talk.

"Does anyone know why were doing sixteens?" He looks everyone in the eyes, including me. "No one knows? We did sixteens because Adams and Sophia were late to practice and no one knew where they were." Everyone's looking at me and Adam now. Tyler looks up,

"Sir, why did we have to run for them?" Hopefully my dad's not going to be a jerk to him.

"Well, we are a team we run together. Don't worry Sophia and Adam are going to be doing their own type of practice today. Running."
------------------------------------------

"Boys, go off with Ryan. Ryan is going to take you guys to the batting cages. Sophia and Adam come with me." My father dismisses the boys and Adam and I follow my father to home plate. I look over to Adam and mouth 'kill me'. My father looks over at us and smiles.

"So where were you two? Soph I know that you knew there was practice today. So enlighten me, where were you guys?" I look at Adam and he mouths to me 'you tell him' I shake my head and mouth to him 'you tell him. I have to live with him. You don't '

"Tell me now, or I'm going to make this practice worse than it's going to be." I caved in.

"We left early and went to get ice cream." My fathers eyes go to confused to angry to beyond angry.

"So instead of being in class and being at practice, you guys decided to go out to get some ice cream? Sophia you know that I hate when people are late to practice. So why did you become late to practice! I mean if you called it would not be as bad, but since you didn't, practice is going to be hell for the two of you! First, we are going to do ten bases... Hmm, in under seven minutes! Adam do you know what bases are?" Adam shakes his head. Has he really never heard of bases. I mean we play baseball for fucks sake.

"Soph, explain to Adam what bases are. The timers in the dugout. Place it for seven minutes. If you both don't complete it in under seven minutes. You will do bases until you succeed. I don't care if it turns night, just do ten bases in under seven minutes. Soph, also don't forget to do the warm up base, okay"

I nod yes to my dad a sigh. This is going to suck. I'm going to be so sore in the morning and Adam is probably out of shape and we are probably going to be here all night. I think I might just kill Adam. Yeah! That's seems like the safest thing to do. Okay, maybe it's not so safe. I was brought back into reality when Adam decides to be funny and push me. I land on my butt. Wow. Jerk.

"Are you going to explain to me what bases are or not I don't have all night." Where did the sweet and nice Adam go? Because I really want him back. I bet he's going to some girls house after practice and that's why he is being such a major jerk wad.

"Well, first we have to start of with the warm up," I looked at Adam to see that he really just wanted me to hurry up and speak. "So first we jog through first going half speed and jog back to the home plate, the you have to go a little but faster, and then finally you sprint full speed through the base. Do you understand?" At first Adam looked confused at what I said, but then quickly understood.

"Now bases. Let's see. Well, you you sprint to from home to second then jog back to home, then you run from home plate to first, to second, to third, and jog back home, but not on the baseline, then finally with all your strength, you run around all of the bases. If we ever do bases together as a team, you usually get a break because you always go one at a time so that the coach sees how you run, and to see how much effort you put in to running. Also if we do this drill as a team, we usually have coaches in the first and third base line and they will signal you if they want you to slide or wait. But shall we begin?" I quickly jog over to the timer and start it.

I finish my bases with one minute left on the timer. I am completely tired now. Adam is on his last I believe. He looks more tired than I am. He rounds third and sprints as fast as he can to home. He is panting so bad and it's kinda funny but kinda not. He looks like he can't breathe.

"You okay Adam?" I ask because he literally is gasping for air. I quickly. Run over and grab my pink underarmor water bottle and shove some of the water down Adams throat. 'It seems to have helped him a little bit' I think to myself. I help Adam up and move him slowly to the benches. After I bring him to the benches, I quickly sprint over to my father and brother.

"Dad, Ryan, Adams having a difficulty time breathing and I don't know what to do." My father looks over at Adam and sees that Adams still trying to catch his breath. I also started to notice that he is coughing a lot to.

"Ryan, you stay here and keep working on this drill. I'm going to see what's wrong with Adam." My father and I quickly rush back over to Adam.

"Adam, are you alright?" Is my father stupid? He. Can't. Breathe. I'm pretty sure Im about to drop kick my father.

"Dad. He. Can't. Breathe. I. Don't. Know. What. To. Do." I talk to my father like his a child, "So what are you going to do?"

"You're going to help me bring him up to the boys lockeroom." Okay. Now hopefully there will be some cute shirtless basketball players in there, or maybe football player.

"Sure."