Chapter 1

"hey mom have you see my baseball glove? I have been looking everywhere for it." I asked my mom worried because this is the beginning of my junior year and it doesn't help that I have to start in a new school. But I think that it is cool that the school I am going to has a baseball team that plays all year round "

"honey you know that your glove is on the couch were you put it when you came home from practicing last night with your father"my mom said while making my father and I breakfast. My mom is a stay at home type mom and my dad got a job up here in California because of money. My dad got the job of the new athletic coach. (It makes good pay too.) That means that my dad is my gym teacher and he is my baseball coach if I make the team. So that means that I can't call my father dad or daddy. I have to call him Mr. Irving and my dad can't call me little princess. He can only call me that at home. But I have a nickname on he field to it is soapy. They call me that because I guess when I pitch it just slips out of my hand and my name is Sophia. I don't even remember when I got the nickname.I only remember who gave me the nick name it was my best friend Aaron Rodriquez. He is the first baseman up In Massachusetts. I miss him the most but we always are going to keep in touch.

But you probably have know clue who I am? Well my name is Sophia Lynn Irving. I lived in Massachusetts for my whole life in till we had to move this summer. But you can call it last summer because I have go to school today. I also have my best friend Aaron. He is the most incredible first baseman you will ever see and If anyone made fun of me being the only girl on the team he would beat them up. I also had other friends but we weren't as close. My other friends were Anna, Daisy and paisley the twins, Justin, Michael,and of corse Aaron. Justin and Michael were also on the team. They were okay players. Michael plays short stop and Justin plays left field. Anna, Daisy, and Paisley all play softball but I never seen the play so I don't know what positions they play. Well those were my only friends there. I also hate fake plastic blond bimbos. They only think that they are cool is because they are cheerleaders. So I hate them. But I was sad about leaving because that meant leaving my Aaron. But I also know that I won't be missing the school. I also am very tall for a girl, I'm 5'8. I have straight brown hair and brown eyes that I got from my dad.I got my moms body type though. I have a lot of curves and all in the right places. I'm not an only child. I have a brother who's in the minor league for baseball and just graduated from collage. I al-

"hello Sophi! Sophi!" My mom yelled

I flinched I guess I was spacing out again.

"Yeah mom"I said quickly

"You still need to get dressed so that you can go to school on time." she said while I finished the last of my eggs.

"okay I going to go change." I said to my mother that was now talking to my father.

When I made it to my room a found a pair of white skinny jeans and threw them on and a Boston red sox shirt that had 16 on it that is Middlebrooks number. ( I have always have loved that team. I always thought that they were amazing) After that I put a pair of Jordan sneakers on and found my baseball stuff,school stuff and said goodbye to my mom and tell my dad that I was going to see him later then grabbed my wallet and keys and headed to my Chevy truck.

When I got to school and I saw that people were looking around. I quickly parked my car to see what's going on.

"Psst psst over here" I whispered to the girl that was next to me.

"whats up?"she whispered back.

"well do you know what's going on because this my first day here. Oh and the names Sophia. But most people call me Soph."

"well Soph my name is Abigail but people call me Abby. Oh and people are signing up for either the softball team , baseball team, cheer-leading squad, the Field hockey team, the Hockey team, the girls or boys basketball teams, the wrestling team, the volleyball team , the lacrosse team, girls or boys soccer, or the football team or some of the stupid school clubs. But I also heard that most of the coaches are still here but I guess there is a really hot gym teacher or baseball coach or whatever that all the girls are talking about. But are you going to sign up for anything?" Abby said very quickly but I was trying to hide my smirk because of what people are saying about my father.

"yeah I'm signing up for baseball and what are you signing up for?" I wondered

"I don't think- I mean no offense or anything Soph but I don't think you will make the team because every girl that tries out doesn't make it. But I am confident in you. Oh I will be signing up for softball." she said nervously at the beginning but more happily towered the end.

"Cool well I'm going to sign up. See ya later?"

"sure well good luck. Wanna sit with my friends an I at lunch?"

"Sure and good luck trying to get through."

"bye"

"bye" I told her.

After my conversation with Abby I quickly made it to a sign up. Sheet for baseball.

"You know that your at the wrong line. Shouldn't you be at the softball line?" mr. Meanie pants as I am calling him for now said

"oh well i thought that you should be there and for you information I can sign up for baseball if I want. So what are you going to do about because I know that I can play ball Better that you." I said rather loudly. So now I gathered a crowd.

"you know what girlie sign up we all know that you won't make the team."mr . meanie pants said.

Right as I was about to punch him I saw my father came over.

"Sophia what do you think your doing!" my father said well more like yelled.

"sorry Mr. Irving. It shouldn't have happened but, he said that I couldn't sign up for the baseball team." I said while pointing at Mr. Meanie pants.

"is that true sir" my father asked in a teacherly tone.

"yes Mr. Irving I did say that. Girls can't play baseball. It's just not right. But we all know that piece of crap can't play" he said looking at me.

I could tell that my dad was getting angry now because my dad is over protective and now that he said that about his little princess he is going to get yelled at.

"How dare you disrespect MY daughter like that!" he yelled.

"sorry sir I di-did-didnt kn-kno-know." Mr. Meanie pants said nervously.

"OFFICE NOW!!" My father yelled before he left .

I am kinda mad at my father only because I didn't want anyone to know that he's my father right now but, I was going to tell them but now any way. I also saw that the kids are staring with there jaws open so I decided to say....

"guys you better close your mouth because you are going to catch flies!!" I yelled to them while skipping to the main office like a ninja but then I started to laugh because I remember the double rainbow song. When I looked over and saw people staring. Oh well I was having fun. So If they have a problem they can suck it!