Chapter 9

Adams POV 

When I get home I go to the kitchen to see that my mom is cooking over the stove. My mom needs a break. My mom because she has been stressing ever since my father died. Its only my mom and i living in a two bedroom house.  we each get our own bathrooms. I love my mom to death. I would do anything for her. I go over to my mom and give her a kiss on the cheek and go to sit down at the table.

"Hey honey, how was practice?" My mom asks, turning her attention over to me. I look at her and start to tell her about practice.

"Well practice was fine. We have this new coach. His name is Mr.Irving. He has daughter that plays ball. Shes really good at pitching.  We aren't friends though." I say to my mom.

"That's nice. Why are you not friends with his daughter? Did you say something to her to make her be rude to you?" My mom looks at me with a disappointed look. I didn't mean for her to be so disappointed in me I didn't mean to be rude to Sophia.

"Its nothing mom. I'm going to take a shower Okay? I will come down for dinner after my shower." After I tell my mom I give her another kiss on the cheek and head towards my bedroom which has a bathroom connected, just like what my mother has. I go to the bathroom and turn the water on. I take off my clothes and toss them into the laundry basket that I have next my sink. I go in the shower and wash my hair and then I rinse. I then wash my body and rinse again. It takes me about five minutes to take a shower.

When I get out of the shower I am hit with the coldness of the room. I grab the white towel from the thing that holds towels and wrap it around my waist. I go into my room and go to my closet. I open the closet and take out some sweats and a random t-shirt and boxers and put them on. I then go to the kitchen where my mom is putting stuff on the table. I go over to help her with the other stuff that needs to be on the table. I go to the table and sit across from my mother. We eat in silence.

After diner I tell my mother to go to her room and get some sleep. She needs a lot of sleep because tomorrow she has to work a lot of hours in the office. My mom makes a certain amount of money which means that I do get a little bit of left over money to spend on what I want. I take all of the dishes off of the table and I start to wash them. I know what most people are thinking? don't you have a dishwasher? Well I think that it is cheaper to wash them then having a dishwasher. i say it because it costs a lot of money to get them installed and it cost extra money to get all of the washing stuff that it needs and if it breaks we will have to have someone fix it. After I finish the dishes I go to my room and fall into a deep slumber, excited for tomorrow. Excited to see if he had made the baseball team.