Chapter 17

Turns out there was no attractive football players or basketball players in the boys locker room, only a room full of nasty, sweaty wrestlers. Dang. Turns out that Adam just was very dehydrated and he's very out of shape. I am brought out of what happened a when my father blows his whistle. By the way if you didn't notice I'm back at practice.

"Guys, now we will be doing in field out field." My father says while Turing to go to the dugout to grab a bat and two baseballs. "Okay, soap, you and Gavin get on the mound, and switch every couple of times the ball gets hit to you. Colby and Blake, you two go to centerfield. Charlie and Jack, you two go to Left field. Devon and Kyle, you guys go to right field. Aaron go to first, Tyler go to third, and Jake go to short stop. Ummm Brad and Ashton go to second base, and Drake you'll catch for me."

I look at Adam and he seems annoyed that my father didn't call his name to get behind home plate. Well, he just was dehydrated so he should be just sitting in the shade for a while. I wouldn't tell that to Adams face because he would probably get mad at me. Adam gets up of the bench and makes his way over to where my father is, who is getting ready to hit the ball to the outfield. My father always starts with the outfield and ends with the outfield. It's just his strategy. Personally I would just start with the infield but whatever floats his boat.

"Sir, why am I not in?" Adam asks my father looking again very very annoyed. Everybody on the team is in their positions, including me, who is not going first. I let Gavin go first. We decided that we will switch out every two that we get.

"Adam, you should have went home. You don't even have to stay, you were dehydrated and I'm not letting you play in till tomorrow when you are felling better." I agree with my father because he was dehydrated, and he should be resting, not playing baseball in this California heat.

"I feel completely fine now that I have gotten some water in me." Adams says not so assuringly. I don't believe him that he feels good. His face is pale and looks like if he puts on the catcher gear he will pass out.

"Adam, can you please go and sit down." I say to him whilst putting my hand on his shoulder. He looks at me with a annoyed look, but goes over to the bench and sits down.

Infield and outfield was horrible. People weren't focused, they fooled around, missed balls on purpose, and weren't putting in any effort.

After in field and out field practice was over My dad told us to all bring it in so we did. He began to speak,

"Okay guys, we have some things that we need to work on, okay? We will start that tomorrow, but I need you all to write your name next to a number. We are getting uniforms next week. Our first game is in two weeks, so we need to try a lot more than what you guys are trying now and you guys need to stop giving me attitude, I get enough of that at home, and lastly stop fooling around, got that? Okay good. Goodnight and I will see all of you guys tomorrow right after school. Go to bed at reasonable time too."

I looked at Adam the whole time my father was talking. Why do I have to like him. I mean he is hella cute. I bet you he has good taste in music. We go in line to write out numbers that we want. Guess who I'm behind? You guessed it Adam. Adam also has a nice butt. It looks so squishy. I want to touch it. Poke. Poke. Adam quickly turns his head and stares at me, probably thinking I was a guy. Haha once it its my turn I see that Adam put his name under number 15. I put my name under 16. 16 is one of my favorite numbers.