56

The day finally arrived. Tzuyu was returning home. Sana couldn't be more excited. Although it was only a few days, they really missed each other so much. Sana was about to head to the airport but Tzuyu told her that she should just stay home and wait for her.

Sana just followed what she said. And so, she stayed home. While waiting, she turned the TV on and her heart dropped when she saw what was on the news.

There was a shooting in Tainan Airport.

And it left many people... dead.

Sana checked the time when the shooting happened and she found out that it was 3 hours ago. She checked the last texts she had with Tzuyu and her heart hurt to know that it was also the same time the incident happened.

She was so busy panicking and crying that she didn't even know that Mina and Chaeyoung walked in.

"Unnie!" Chaeyoung happily greeted but her face fell when they saw Sana crying. "Unnie?" They went up to Sana, asking her what was wrong.

Mina looked at the TV and saw the news about the shooting. "No, Sana-chan." She whispered to her. Sana cried much more.

"M-Mina, C-Chaeng, she's g-gone."

"No, unnie, don't say that." Chaeyoung said to her. "I'm sure Tzuyu's okay." She reassured her. "Look, why don't we try calling her, okay?" Mina said while grabbing her phone to call Tzuyu.

After a few rings, Tzuyu answered. Mina turned the speaker on so Sana could hear also. "Hello? Tzuyu-ah." Mina called from the other line.

"Hello?" It wasn't Tzuyu's voice. It was a man speaking in English. Mina furrowed her eyebrows. "Hi, is this a relative or close friend of Chou Tzuyu?" The guy in the other line continued to speak English.

They were lucky that all of them can understand what he was saying and that Mina can speak decent amount of English. "Umm who's asking?" She asked back.

"I'm Doctor Huang. Do you by chance know Chou Tzuyu?" He asked Mina. "Yes, she's one of our closest friends. Why? What happened? Where is she?" Mina asked desperately because she just wanted him to get straight to the point.

"She's in her family hospital right now. She was one of the victims of the shooting in the airport."

With that, Sana's heart sank. Even Mina and Chaeyoung were shocked to hear what happened. Sana fell on her knees and continued to cry. Michaeng went down with her to comfort her.

Sana stood up unexpectedly, breaking the hug. Mina and Chaeyoung looked at her questioningly. Before they were able to say something, Sana had already ran out.

The couple panicked and ran after her. "Sana!" That was the last thing Sana heard before she ran outside the building.

~~

Sana didn't know what she was doing. She just ran outside without thinking.

"Sana!"

The next thing she knew, she heard a honking car coming her way. But she was pushed to the side really harshly. She fell by the grassy ground. Sana furrowed her eyebrows and looked at the person who pushed her.

It was Jihyo. "Sana? What happened? What were you thinking?" Jihyo kneeled down next to her. The older girl just stayed quiet. "You could have gotten yourself killed!" Jihyo scolded her.

Sana looked lifeless as of the moment. She couldn't think straight (not like she even is in the first place).

"It's okay. At least I can join Tzuyu." That was the only thing she told Jihyo. The other one looked at her questioningly. "What are you talking about?" Sana didn't answer her.