Chapter 23

Lizzy's POV

I help JJ into the car as I begin to have trouble myself as I suddenly feel a hand grip the back of my dress attempting to help me up. I turn as I know who it is, I can't deal with looking him in the eyes with his sexy smirk, but as I turn my full attention to see who's behind me, my face turns red.

Liam is smiling at me as I stumble back into his arms, I smile as I look behind him to see Jack and the blonde heading our way. Jealously is written all over his face but this weight feels lifted off my chest as I feel happy being close to Liam, I feel safe.

"Thank you Liam, I seem to be a bit out of it." I smile now even bigger as I focus on him, he seems to do the same as he pulls me into him a bit tighter for mostly balance and security. I lay my head on his chest as I begin to not want to get into the car now but stay with him. I know I can't, I just met him I need to take things slow and be very cautious about guys now.

I carefully release myself from his grip as I give him one more smile and into the car I go. I slid myself into the spot next to Mike as I lay my head down on his shoulder, I have always felt comfortable around him as we have both never found each other attractive. He lifts his arm up and around my shoulder making it ten times more comfortable for me, it feels so peaceful here until I see the door open again and in comes Jack with the blonde bimbo.

"Oh shit Leigh, you'll have to just sit on my lap we are out of seats."

"Oh that's no problem." My eyes are closed but I can feel the sexual tension between them as I picture her climbing onto his lap as he smirks widely.

I keep my eyes close as I move closer to Mike as he and I'm assuming the others can feel my uncomfortableness. The drive takes a lot longer than expected but as we pull onto mine and Jack's street, I feel a sense of relief lift off me. We all pile out as I give Mal and JJ a quick hug goodbye and make my way up to my room. My bed has never felt better as I collapse onto it and asleep I am.

A blasting noise rings out throughout the house as I shoot up in bed and off the ledge I go. I recover slowly as my vision and senses are still a blur from last night. The noise all of a sudden stops as I throw my hair into a bun and make my way to my dresser to collect s shirt and some sweatpants.

Just as I put my clothing on, Shawn, who I haven't seen forever, burst through my door with his phone in his hand and a panicked look on his face.

"What? What's the matter?" Panic comes to my quick as his expression is scaring me.

He runs his hand through his hair as he shakes his head, "JJ, Jack, Mike and Jack's girl got in a car accident just about an hour, they're at the hospital now trying to be stabilized." I say nothing as my mouth is dry, and my legs feel as they could give out at any moment.

Shawn walks over to me as he wraps his arms around me in a tight hug, and I feel it that horrid feeling that I always hate. Tears spill from my eyes as too many things begin to race through my mind.

"We need to go see them right now Shawn." I say as I try and break free from his grip and try to run to get there.

"Liz, Liz! Listen to me!" He yells as I stop trying to free myself from his grasp.

"You need to calm down first, we can't have you there making a scene." I hug him again as I know he's right but it's too hard to right now, he begins to stroke my hair as he knows that it calms me down fast.

What am I to ever think? How did this happen? Are they at fault? How critical is there conditions?

"When did the accident happen?" I say as I have now calmed, Shawn begins to wipe already fallen tears from my cheeks away.