Chapter 28

Jack's POV

I can't wait to see Lizzy. I can finally tell her the truth on how I feel about her honestly. I'm getting out of here soon and the doctors says I'm healing quite fast so I should be up and going soon.

I'm a bit nervous though when Lizzy said she was bringing a friend for me to meet. I'm just going to hope she is just tagging along.

I stand carefully from my all white bed as I approach the full length mirror to admire myself. Freshly washed body and hair, bruises slowly starting to fade and an ugly cast wrapped around my arm.

My stomach started to flutter as my nerves started to get the best of me, what if I bail out on telling her or worse what if I tell her and she doesn't feel the same.

It was pretty obvious I was nervous for her arrival as JJ cleared his throat to get my attention.

"Hey man, you shouldn't be nervous Liz is coming to see us. She's our friend whether you two left it on bad terms, she cares about you more than you would think. Just be honest with her and prove to her you're a changed man," I smile at him as he always knows what to say to relax me.

"J, you're the best. I'm so thankful for you,"

"Anytime man," He's interrupted as the door knob is turned to reveal Lizzy's stunning face.

I take in her image of the waved hair I love and her adorable collection of sundresses. I smile as I limp towards her to embrace her into a tight hug. As I'm about to spill my feelings for her. A guy walks in after taking her hand is his.

I don't need her or anyone else to tell me what they are. I can slowly feel my heart being pulled from my chest, the pain almost worse than the car crash.

I put on my best fake smile for her to try and prove I've changed, instead of blowing up.

"Who's this Liz?" I put my hand out to shake his as he does the same.

"This is Liam. He's a very sweet guy and works at JJ's favorite bar," She said happily.

"Lovely to meet the all famous Jack Gilinsky," Liam said with a hint of sarcasm but friendliness in his voice.

"Pleasure, so what are you guys planning to do tonight since you can actually leave this place," I say as I walk to my bed and sitting.

"Well I had an idea but I haven't even told Liam." She says as she smiled up at him, "I think it's time I introduced you to my family and since they are actually in town for once,"

"That sounds lovely," Liam said as he kissed the top of her head.

Jealousy sprang through me as I clenched my teeth to avoid saying something I would regret. If this makes her happy, let her be. If I let her, she should know I'll never give up till she's mine. Maybe a fair warning?

I'm broken from my thoughts as Lizzy again embraces me into a hug. I repeat the action taking in every second of it.

"It was so great to see you Jack, I'll be back to visit soon and help you move back into your home. Now me and Li have to go and grab ourselves a nice outfit. Goodbye Jack," She says as she leaves my touch for his.

"Goodbye Lizzy,"

And with that she was out the door. I could hear her laughter down the hallway as I tightened my fist wishing that was me.

Lizzy's POV

Liam decided to meet at my place at 5. He needed to go and shop for a nice fresh outfit for the occasion. I offered to go with but he declined as he wanted it to be a surprise.

I announced to my parents that we were going to have dinner with Liam tonight as my father quick made a reservation at our favorite restaurant.

We all scrambled to get ready as it was close to 5. This restaurant was quite elegant, so I decided to go with a long black lace long sleeved dress with a slit at the bottom right. Applied a dab of red lip stick and placed my black pumps on.

Grabbing my silver clutch and heading down stairs, Liam was just entering to be greeted by my mother. He wore a perfectly ironed black suit with a accent of red on his tie.

As I walked down the stairs to reveal myself to him, a bright smile shown across his face making me blush.

My mother turned to greet me, "Darling you look wonderful. You father is in his studies would you go grab him?"

"Course," I walked over to Liam first and gave him a light kiss on the cheek, "Thank you for coming, you look great!"

"Thank you, you look very beautiful," He said as I blushed again leaving him with my mother to go and fetch my father.

A few moments later, I entered my fathers studies quietly as he was taking a phone call. I listened closely.

"Sir, we can't leave our daughter for that amount of time, it's way too long....Yes I know this is a very good offer sir, but...but sir....yes I understand, we'll talk tomorrow, thank you," he finished as he hung up the phone with a stressed expression.

What's going on? Should I say something?

My father stood as he began to walk towards the door, I stood back as to pretend I was about to open the door. He emerged soon as I took my spot.

"Woah darling almost knocked you down, and in those heels I'm not sure you could recover," we both laughed.

"Sorry dad, I was just coming to tell you we're ready to go," I try my hardest to not ask any questions to keep this night a fun one.

"Oh course let me meet this young gentlemen you talk so greatly about first, you know how I like to get my pants charmed off," He jokingly nudged me as he began to walk away.

I stood back as my smile faded slightly as I realized what the call was about. I don't think I could live without my parents for a great amount of time but I've never had to tell them this and I don't know how too.

My eyes meet the floor as I slowly begin to walk back to the front door to see everyone's faces bright with joy.

My eyes meet Liam's as he knows something wrong, but knows better than to say something until we are alone.

I make my way over to Liam as he takes my hand sending a comforting wave over me.

Hopefully this night turns out how I wanted it to be, and my big mouth doesn't get in the way.

-------------------------------------

How are you guys liking the book so far? I know it's centered around Liam and Lizzy right now but don't worry this book is far from over yet! guys please check out my one direction fanfic in my works and leave a comment telling me what you think! I would really appreciate it x