Chapter 1_ With A Twist

Start from the beginning

Maryam helps me take out my luggages from the Nape ( kekenape) as we bid our final goodbye.

"Are you guys sure you can handle everything, I mean with the Saloon, and your Shawarma business, together with the kids?" I couldn't help but ask again, I feel so guilty leaving my siblings all alone at home without anyone elderly keeping an eye on them. Mum was in Dubai for a business trip, and I was suppose to be the one keeping an eye on them but here I was, about to catch a flight to Maiduguri.

"Zubie, kaai, stop trying to look for an excuse to stop yourself...this is like your dream remember...your one chance to meet Habiba, I know you want to go... remember, opportunity comes...."

"... but once in a lifetime..." I cut in as we both completed it together then giggle.
It was one of our mom's all time favorite sayings.

"...yah so don't you dare throw it away...plus, we're not kids anymore, like hellooo... I'm approximately twenty...." She sang and I huffed.
She'd already won in convincing me at this point.

"... We'll take care of everything don't worry, Rabi'ah and I could deal with both the Saloon and Shawarma business together, and we could always drop Abdul at Aunty Halima's place.... Just stop worryinnngg...." She says, her hands on my shoulders as she kept shaking me lightly before pulling me into a hug when she finally hit full stop.

I sighed, hugging her back.

Yep, no one better at convincing than she is, especially when it comes to me.

She, Hauwa, Hanifa and mum didn't even give me a chance to doubt if I could go or not. Immediately I'd told her about it and then was like, 'could I even really go?, she immediately gave me that, 'don't even dare...' type of look, as she immediately called up Hauwa and Hanifa, my two besties and fellow collaborates, and of course once they heard the news there was no going back. The two bitches were more than enough to put up with, with the craziness they'd displayed in the name of excitement...they even threatened to disown me if I rejected the offer. The three of them together, and I couldn't even dare think I might not go.
Before I could even rethink or try to change my mind, Maryam was already handing me the phone so we could talk to mum about it together, mum was immediately and already on their team, and next thing I knew, we were over the internet booking the next flight to Maiduguri.

"Now, just go, have fun, be yourself, and experience one of the most memorable and epic event that's ever gonna happen in your life...well probably... me deh you better come back with all the dollars you can come back with, and not only the money they pay you oo...kin san bikin masu kudi (You know rich people's wedding) they must spray money like hauka (mad), toh, don't get caught oo, remember, 🎵pack'am then🎵connect and 🎵sensima ." She inquired reminding me of the little formular we'd created when we were much younger for slipping money into our bags and purses whenever we attended weddings or any other events.

I remember, that used to be the main reason I loved attending events like that.

It was based on the lyrics of this song named 'Sensima' by Reekado Banks, it just fit so much as the perfect consept for the mission....
Firstly for sensima, make sure you're in the dance floor next to whoever is spraying or being sprayed at and just pretend you're there to dance. Then pack'am, you use any dance move as style to bend down, squat, or just pretend to have dropped something, and once you're down there, just pack all the money your hands can carry, and at the point of connect, be sure your bag or purse isn't zipped so you could just slip it in quickly.

I chuckle at the thought.
'God, those days.'

"Don't worry, I got this." I say in a determined tone playfully.

"Toh, don't forget us ooo, better bring back our share ooo." She pointed her index finger at me, shaking it from time to time as she spoke, like a mother cautioning her child.

I shook my head at her. "This girl, son kudin ki eh (Your love for money koh )..." I hissed and rolled my eyes playfully.

"Toh..." I sighed.
Time wasn't really on our side now so I really needed to go...
"Take care..."

"Yeh you too.."

As I pulled her into the tightest hug I could give, she hugged me back just as tight before pulling away a minute later.

Maryam has and would always be my closest bestie, we used to fight a lot, what am I saying, we still fight a lot, over the smallest and pettiest things but in the end it was still me and her against the world.

I sighed. "Bye-bye, I'll miss you and your annoying ass." I said a bit emotional at this point.

"Yeh, me too and your fish ass."

We both chuckled.

I then grabbed my luggages, sighing once more as we both smiled at each other.
It was my cue to step away now but it just felt much more difficult and intense than I'd expected.

I just sighed again and turned around awkwardly, and just as I'm about to be out of sight I turn back and wave, blowing a kiss.
She does too.

**
First chappy again.🤧
Any dejavus anyone?
Vote and comment pls.

💞~LuvelandDreamer