Jin

Y/N's POV
A few days later, we were working our shift in the tea shop when Zuko started acting very uncomfortable, he came over to Iroh and I, who were restocking the inventory at the back of the store and whispered.

"Uncle, Y/N, we have a problem. One of the customers is on to us. Don't look now, but there was a girl over there at the corner table. She knows we're Fire Nation."

Iron and I both turned around but Zuko pulled us back and hissed,

"Didn't I say don't look?"

I rolled my eyes and continued stocking inventory as Iroh replied,

"You're right, Zuko. I've seen that girl in here quite a lot. Seems to me she has quite a little crush on you."

Zuko looked confused and shocked,

"What?"

No idea why he was so confused, of course she had a crush on him... just look at him.

She walked up to him and handed him her money,

"Thank you for the tea."

He took the money and put it in the register behind him, but she continued,

"What's your name?"

He turned around and defensively responded,

"My name's Lee. My uncle, Yara and I just moved here."

"Oh, is Yara your girlfriend?"

I quickly interrupted and smirked at Zuko,

"Nope. Not me."

She smiled at me appreciatively, before turning back to Zuko and continuing,

"Thank you, and, well, I was wondering if you would like to go out some time."

Zuko stared at her in confusion before Iroh jumped in and exclaimed,

"He'd love to!"

She grinned,

"Great! I'll meet you in front of the shop at sun down."

Zuko scowled at Iroh before turning to me sending me a "help me" expression.

I raised my eyebrow and sung,

"Someone's got a date!"

He angrily looked away and grabbed a tray before stomping back onto the shop floor.

Iroh and I giggled amongst ourselves.

Sure, it hurt a little, but I was getting over it, Zuko and I had already had our moment, and he clearly isn't interested in me romantically, so I guess now, I'm supposed to be the supportive best friend.

I still had feelings for him, but I guess I'll always hold a special place in my heart for him, but eventually, I'll get over it.

That evening, Iroh gelled Zuko's hair to the sides of his head, he looked hilarious. I chuckled when he showed me.

"What's so funny!?"

I giggled and sung,

"Oh... nothing. Enjoy!"

Then he left and made his way to the tea shop, my heart ached a bit, seeing him leave, knowing that he had just shown me his hair and outfit to ask me how he looked because he was going on a date with another girl.

I don't know why he decided to lead me on in the first place. That was so selfish. Everything would've been fine if he hadn't kissed me, if he had just let things be as they were. I already knew that he has feelings for Mai, and I was fine with that, I was fine teasing him about her and teasing her about him. I was happy just being his best friend, but then he went ahead and ruined it.