The Tea Shop

Y/N's POV
The three of us walked down the streets of Ba Sing Se, and through the market stalls.

Iroh ran off to browse and so left myself and Zuko alone.

I nudged him and asked,

"Hey, you, why do you look so angry?"

He stopped, turned to face me, sighed and softened his gaze,

"I don't know. I'm just really confused right now."

"What is there to be confused about?"

"I just- ugh, don't worry."

I placed my hand on his shoulder and sent him a caring smile,

"Well, I'm always here for you if you need me to be, okay?"

He pulled away from me and covered his face, muttering an "okay".

We continued to walk, then we heard Iroh catching up behind us, holding a pot full of flowers. Zuko sent him a scowling look, but Iroh replied smiling,

"I just want our new place to look nice, in case someone brings home a lady friend."

He nudged Zuko, winking.

I rolled my eyes.

Zuko turned away from him and responded,

"This city is a prison. I don't want to make a life here."

"Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not. Now, come on! I found us some new jobs, and we start this afternoon."

Later in the day, after we'd dropped off Iroh's plant pot, we arrived at a small tea shop, Iroh called the manager from the back who came out smiling at the three of us, holding three aprons.

Well this is going to be a big change, the only job I've ever seen myself doing was working on the front lines in the army, not serving tea in a quaint little tea shop in the Earth Kingdom.

We all put on the aprons, I felt so silly dressing up like a common servant. Zuko looked kinda cute in his apron- Iroh on the other hand, couldn't even tie it around himself.

Our boss looked at us all and smiled,

"Well, you certainly look like official tea servers, how do you feel?"

In unison Zuko and I both monotonously said,

"Ridiculous."

We looked at each other and quietly chuckled, then Iroh asked,

"Uh, does this possibly come in a larger size?"

"I have some extra string in the back, have some tea while you wait."

He handed us all a cup of tea before retreating to the back to find Iroh some string.

Iroh took a sip from his tea cup and pulled it away from his lips, staring at it in disgust. He scowled at it and angrily exclaimed,

"This tea is nothing more than hot leaf juice!"

Zuko replied to him,