The Winter Solstice Part 2

Y/N's POV
Zuko sailed towards crescent island, although I'll stand behind him no matter what, I did realise that it was a pretty risky move. Iroh did not approve at all, he shook his head as he sighed:

"Sailing into fire nation waters. Of all the foolish things you've done in your sixteen years, Prince Zuko, this is the most foolish!"

When Iroh and Zuko disagree, I've decided that it's best for me to sit out.

Zuko stared through a telescope, watching the sky for the avatar's bison before replying:

"I have no choice, uncle"

Iroh grew more irritated, but also more concerned, it was evident that he cared so much for his nephew,

"Have you completely forgotten that the fire lord banished you? What if you're caught?"

"I'm chasing the avatar. My father will understand why I'm returning home."

"You give him too much credit. My brother is not the understanding type."

Iroh was right, and deep down, I'm sure Zuko knows it too, otherwise, he wouldn't have thought it was necessary to keep my water bending a secret from him, he knows his father is rash and unreasonable, so this time, it's my turn to protect him.

Zuko ignored Iroh, he spotted the bison and shouted back to the helmsman:

"Full steam ahead!"

He brought the catapult up from the bottom of the ship, ready to fire at the avatar, but Iroh was not a fan of the odour it came with and fanned in front of his face:

"Really, Prince Zuko, couldn't you shoot them down with something more fragrant?"

Zuko ignored him and lit the ball on fire and shot it towards the avatar, who dodged.

We were ready to shoot another one but the avatar slowed and so did we, Zuko was slightly taken back when he realised:

"A blockade."

An entire fleet of fire navy ships blocked us and the avatar from entering fire nation waters, each one ready to catapult balls of flames at any given moment.

Iroh advised Zuko to turn back, we were still in earth kingdom waters, so technically, they couldn't arrest him.

Zuko eyed the bison,

"He's not turning around!"

Iroh was practically begging Zuko:

"Please, Prince Zuko. If the fire nation captures you, there is nothing I can do. Do not follow the avatar."

"I'm sorry, uncle, run the blockade!"

Iroh was shocked, I was shocked, it's true, Zuko was being foolish, but even so, I pulled my sphere from resting on the wall and made my way to Zuko's side. No way was I going to allow the fire nation to arrest him, not after all he's been though.

The blockade began to launch balls of flames into the air at the avatar, which were falling back down towards our ship a massive wave washed over us, I pulled Zuko close to me and bent the water around us, before dropping it last minute so nobody would notice.

Parts of our ship were engulfed in flames, a member of the crew came from inside and shouted:

"Prince Zuko! The engines are damaged! We need to stop and make repairs!"

But Zuko turned to the front before dismissing the idea,

"Do not stop this ship."

The blockade continued to launch at the avatar, at some point, one of his friends fell from the sky and the bison flew closer to the water in order to save him... a pretty stupid move, if you ask me. By some miracle, the avatar made it through the blockade, the last flaming rock launched at him at him, he destroyed.