Facts

The game of roulette was invented by French mathematician Blaise Pascal in 1655. It is also called the Devil's game. The sum of the numbers on a roulette wheel is 666, which is the number of the Beast (the Devil) in the Bible's Book of Revelation.

OCCULTA is a small shop in Frankfurt, Germany. The building is the only one on Aldalbertstraße that was spared by the Allied bombing raids in World War II.

The Codex Gigas (also known as the Devil's Bible) is a medieval, handwritten manuscript that is the only book known to dedicate an entire page to the Devil. The Codex Gigas is kept at the National Library in Stockholm.

The Ars Goetia is one of the five books of The Lesser Key of Solomon, also known as the Clavicula Salomonis Regis or Lemegeton. This book is an anonymous spell book on demonology from the mid-17th century, with material that dates back to the 15th century.

Hrad Houska (Houska Castle) is a Gothic castle built in the 13th century, forty-seven kilometers north of Prague, in the Czech Republic.

The Shell Grotto is an underground chamber in Margate, England. It was discovered by accident in 1835 by a local farmer. Its origin and meaning is still a mystery.

All descriptions of artwork, architecture, documents, and secret rituals in this novel are accurate.