Chapter 31

Days passed quickly, time went by fast because of everything that happened shortly after their return in Port Nassau. The town had a cheerful atmosphere for some days now as all of the town was decorated with white roses and all kinds of flowers. The streets were busy, the bakery at the end of the crowded main street smelled extra pleasant and alluring already this morning. All preparations for the grand wedding that was going to take place this very day. Citizens everywhere trying to be a piece of the action. The guests had started to arrive. The docks were crowded with the grandest and richest ships anyone could ever imagine. It was a hot day in mid-summer, not the most pleasant climate for a wedding but it was a wedding long overdue.

The light of the morning now touched the island of Nassau completely. Fort Augusta was being prepared for the excitement that would follow this afternoon. The Fort was surrounded by redcoats and marching footsteps hallowing across the brick walls mixed with the beating rhythm of the drums was heard.

Inside one of the large dressing rooms at the Beckett residence, a light green fan moving quickly offered a slightly soothing wind that even though it was still a warm wind was a pleasant feeling on her pale skin. Kate's rose-colored cheeks where hidden behind it while she felt the strings of the corset of her wedding dress tighten around her waist.

'It seems like his Lordship will not delay the wedding any longer, it's a daring season in the Caribbean to get married' the seamstress, after tightening the corset strings, carried her large body around quickly wiping away the sweat from her forehead and she took a much larger fan decorated with black dyed ostrich hair on the ends from the dresser, waving it quickly the drops of sweat moved down her high forehead, falling down into her large bosom. Kate smiled slightly, dreaming of what it would be like to be finally married. Like it wasn't already warm enough she felt a spark of warmth raging through her body. Remembering how Cutler did everything in his power to let them marry as quickly as possible. Lowering the fan Kate watched her reflection in the mirror. Cutler had already seen the dress, but she couldn't wait for him to see her in it. Suddenly the cracking of the wooden doors filled the room just after the seamstress had left her for a moment. Kate raised her sight on the figure quickly moving into the room as if it wasn't supposed to.

'Jack, what are you doing here? You cannot see me before the wedding!' Kate was surprised, she pulled the hem of the large skirt, turning her long train to face Jack entering the room. For a moment he stopped in front of her, gazing into her direction, beholding Kate in her wedding dress before he answered.

'Doesn't that only count for the groom?' Jack was grinning now, the familiar grin that always occupied his face. Kate started smiling.

'You look absolutely astonishing' Jack spoke more seriously now standing in front of her on the platform that made the train of her dress spread across the floor.

'Such complementary words coming from your lips Captain Sparrow' as Kate spoke a smirk appeared on his face.

'Captain, you have to leave!' the seamstress mumbling walked in, with her overdone large red wig wiggling with every step she took, also it almost touched the chandelier every time she walked underneath. Her white powered face watched Jack in slight anger. Jack raised his shoulders as some of the maids following the seamstress were giggling softly as it wasn't common for a man to enter the room at this very time.

'It's alright Madam Beauchamp, he's a friend' Kate whispered and the seamstress quickly bowed in front of her, her eyes staring at Jack rolled annoyed as he had winked into her direction, she returned to Kate and started pinning the veil into her hair.

'Are you sure about this?' Jack's sight quickly raising back to Kate, who for the first time in forever had to look down on him cause of standing on the platform watched him in confusion.

Emerald Seasजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें