Chapter 25

Kate quickly moved down the stairs of the brig below lifting her dress. Shivers ran down her spine entering the cold surroundings of the cells that even on such a beautiful ship as the Endeavour made her doubt whether she should enter. Moving her eyes across the brig her sight settled upon Jack standing before one of the cells. His hands carried a ring of keys which would set Tia Dalma free. Kate now arriving next to Jack he lowered his sight to her smiling softly.

'You saved her freedom once again' Jack seemed to carry what looked like pride, something Kate never expected to see in his dark brown eyes. Lowering her sight on Tia Dalma she watched Jack opening the door of the cell. The guard in the back of the cell marched into their direction to open the heavy cell door so Jack and Kate could enter. Still, it seemed this strange woman behaved nervously, looking at the guard in fear. Kate wondered why she was so afraid of men. Like they had done something to her once. Kate entered the cell, she felt her hands trembling again but tried to push the fear away. Tia Dalma started smiling at her and Jack with her black teeth. It seemed like she had started to trust them.

'You'll be safe. But you have to tell us where your live so we can help you get back home' Kate tried to talk simply so she'd understand if she even spoke a word English. Tia Dalma started smiling even brighter and nodding she moved up, lifting her ragged dress. The nodding of her tanned face kept on going as she seemed happy to be free, taking Kate's hand she suddenly pulled her gently toward the stairs leaving the cell complex.

Moving up deck Tia Dalma did not release her hand still pulling her forward. Jack followed behind them closely, Kate noticed his hand on his belt where his flintlock was sticking out, just in case Tia Dalma would try something.

'Where are you taking me?' Kate whispered smiling weakly, not sure what the strange woman meant. They arrived in front of the helm where Cutler was directing orders at the very back of the Endeavour's upper deck. Kate quickly stepped behind Tia Dalma that had moved them up the stairs. Two guards raised their muskets and pointed them to Tia Dalma.

'What are you doing here?' the guard on the left with the strict face watched Tia Dalma who looked back at him angered.

'Are you alright Milady or is she hurting you?' the other guard whispered who seemed to carry more emotion on his face then the other guard, staring at Kate.

'It is alright gentlemen, let us pass' Kate commanded them, quickly bowing down their heads they lowered their muskets letting them pass. Tia Dalma kept on pulling Kate's slender figure along behind her. Jack moved in front of them, curious what this woman was planning. Cutler's confused face beheld their arrival, seeing Jack in front he thought it was Jack in charge of Tia Dalma up the helm, he moved this strict eyes on him.

'And what is this all about Sparrow?' Cutler lowered the binoculars he was holding and watched Jack next to Kate and Tia Dalma.

'Well Sir you ordered me to set her free, so I did' Jack sarcastically spoke grinning.

'And care to explain why this woman, we are not even sure of whether she is a danger or not, is dragging along my fiance?' Cutler's dark stare into Jack's direction lowered and he moved next to Kate as she was standing in front of the large map on the high desk in the middle of up deck. Both she and Tia Dalma were staring at the map.

'Are you alright my dear?' Cutler noticed Kate staring.

'I think she is trying to tell me something' Kate not seemingly worried about Tia Dalma being dangerous was looking from the map to Tia Dalma, and back on the map again, curious to what she was trying to tell them. Her long finger was moving over the lines of the map that was a full print of the Caribbean and all its islands. Suddenly it stopped and the top of her index finger rested upon a small island west of their destination, Nassau Port.