Chapter 12

Kate could not remember the last time she had such a good night rest. It must have been the safety and comfort she felt with Cutler around. Too because the nightmares had always been about the pain he had endured, it was like she felt his presence and knew he was safe. With that thought, the fears couldn't haunt her dreams.

Kate was glad to see that the servants were letting them have their morning and moved the tip of her fingers alongside his jawline, with the other hand underneath her head supporting it. Cutler smiled at her with his head still resting on his pillow, he took her fingers and started kissing them while he spoke.

'I'd like you to join me to the docks this afternoon. Captain Sparrow will receive his ship. Besides I'd like you to see mine' his lips touched the tip of her fingers.

'I'd like to see yours' Kate smiled gazing into his eyes. Cutler's lips formed a grin before he raised from the bed and took his morning robe, tying the strings around his body he moved to her side of the bed and offered Kate her robe. Slowly moving out of bed as well her eyes watched him opening the windows, noticing he seemed pleased they were still locked. After looking down onto the rocks where the sea was touching the building Cutler moved away from the windows.

After dressing, Kate watched her reflection in the large mirror. Cutler had left the bedroom a while ago to give her some time to get ready. Once she entered his office, Cutler also all dressed by now, looked up from his documents, standing in front of Mercer mumbling. His strict face formed a smile when he saw her. Mercer nodded into her direction politely and after receiving orders he left to the stairs that entered the beach from of the balcony. Cutler had moved in front of her.

'How would you feel to visit your city of birth?' when he spoke Kate's face formed a surprised smile.

'London?' Kate answered with a question. Cutler smiled slightly lowering the documents he was still holding onto.

'I just received the news I'm needed there. It will only be for a short period of time, but the journey, as you know, will be long' Cutler moved her to the balcony.

'Well, I'd love to sail again' Kate always felt uncomfortable telling people she loved to sail, it was very uncommon for a female to like the life on board. There wasn't much space and entertainment. And most women didn't sail unless it was absolutely necessary. But for Kate, it felt like freedom. The life on a ship was never dull and days never the same, it changed as quickly as the horizon does. At night the stars most beautiful and too the sunsets and rises. Kate secretly liked to navigate, her father taught her throughout the years when she was younger. But it was a man's job so he had asked her to keep it to herself.

Kate woke from her daydreaming and Cutler's eyes seemed to be asking for an answer.

'Only if it pleases you of course.. but I can't bear to be without you for so long' the last part of his sentence Cutler whispered when some of his men moved along the beach just below the balcony. His soft voice made the corners of her mouth turn upward.

'I know you love to sail' he continued.

'I know it is very unusual..' Kate whispered but got stopped when Cutler spoke quickly.

'Don't apologize for it. I like it. It's what makes you.. different' Cutler spoke without hesitation. Within seconds all her insecurities got taken away. He was always capable of making her feel confident again. Kate was able to truly be herself with him, something that she had already learned all those years ago when they had spent so much time together. She was most thankful that he was still the same man. Even though people most of the time had a strong opinion about him, they did not know him like she does. But then again he probably only showed his true self to her.