The KAYler Proposal

Get it Kay as is Kay jewelers inside killer. So instead of The Killer Proposal it's The KAYler Proposal. It's not a good joke and no one probably cares, but I'm cracking myself up.

Dagger P.O.V.

I watch Eislyn's extremely organized moves as she takes down her own mother. 

"Mom, please. Don't make me hurt you even more."

However, the mom doesn't listen. She grabs at Eislyn's feet trying to throw her onto the ground, but Eislyn is too sturdy on her feet. Eislyn whips around, knocking the gun out of her mother's hand. The gun going flying, and Vicious allows me to go grab it. I turn to watch Eislyn taking care of herself, and her mother's face is now smashed into the concrete sidewalk. 

"Please, mom."

Desperation fills Eislyn's voice, but her mother continues squirming. For minutes, Eislyn holds her there until her mother eventually passes out from her alcohol consumption. When my strong woman looks up, tears are streaming down her face.

She stands up, shaking violently. I rush forward and take her in my arms, holding her body close to mine. Vicious and Dash take care of the mother as I hold Eislyn's cold body. I slip my jacket off my shoulders and throw it over Eislyn's. I rub her back, soothing her effectively. 

"Is there anything I can do for you?"

"I just want to be with you. Whatever we do. I just want you with me. Let's be alone."

I wipe the tears away from her eyes. 

"Alright. Let me talk to Vicious real quick because I had other plans for tonight, but we can switch it up."

"Wait, you did? Let's do it."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm with you, right? That's all I want. No matter what we do."

"I did have a little surprise with our closest friends later."

"That's okay. But for right-"

"I'm all yours."

"Thank you."

"Anything you need. Anything that all, I get it for you."

I kiss Eislyn's forehead and breaks away from her to talk to Vicious. Vicious hands me a key with a wink, but I know (due to Eislyn's confused gaze) that she has no idea what that means, but I'm not about to tell her. She wraps my jacket, that smells just like me, tighter around her body. Then, she realizes I must need it for the motorcycle, but when she tries to hand it to me, I wave her off. She needs it more than me.

We quickly get on and for about an hour we drive around the city. I point out different attractions. I point out where I work in my building, the hotels, and the businesses that I own. We stop in the cutest bookstore, and she buys (or really I buy them for her for us to read) The Flamethrowers by Rachel Kushner and The Sense of an Ending by Julian Barnes. 

Afterwards, Eislyn allows me to pick the next place, and I'm extremely surprised by where we end up. A jewelry store. Like a Kay Jewelers. Well, I guess subconsciously I knew it was time. Uh. I guess it was fate. 

"What are we doing here?"

"Come on."

"You didn't answer my question."

"Do you trust me?"

"Yes, but-"

"Then, come on, little one."

She takes my hand and allow I to tug her towards the door. I pull the key out of my pocket, and the look on Eislyn's face continues to get exponentially more confused. I walk inside, flicking on the light. She gasps, bursting through the open doors. 

"How in hell did you get the key?"

"Oh, I've known the owners of this branch since I was a kid. I used to look at all the rings and try to decide which one I would propose to my future wife with, but I could never pick. Every single ring was just so wonderful to me. And it didn't matter which one she would wear as long as she loved it and she was mine."

"So why are we here?"

"Because I want you to be my wife."

She turns to me, her beautiful blue eyes wide open in surprise.

"What?"

Nerves flow through my body faster than blood. 

"I love you so much, Eislyn Rose. I want you to be mine for the rest of my life. Will you do me, Dagger Eastwood, the honor of marrying me? I don't have a ring, but you can get your pick."

"You aren't on your knee."

"And I'm not about to. Floors gross. So...be my wife?"

"Yes, I'll be your wife."

Eislyn launches herself at me. I catch her in my arms, pressing a kiss to her lips. 

"Oh my god! You're my fiancé. I'm going to be Mrs. Eastwood."

"Eislyn Eastwood. Haha! I love it."

"Mr. and Mrs. Eastwood."

She squeals, pressing another kiss to my lips. 

"Well, Mrs. Eastwood, do you want to choose your ring?"

"Yes, Can we choose our wedding rings too?"

"We can. We can be in here as long as you please. Though, we have friends waiting."

"Where?"

"Another surprise."