Diner Divulgence

Dagger P.O.V.

"So, you've really staked your claim on her, huh?"

I look sharply at Hunt, making sure he's intimidated in case he's about to challenge me for my girl. His arms raise into a surrendering position as if he's holding a white flag.

"I'm not about to take her, nor am I going to challenge you. I'm just surprised."

I relax my body, taking a sip of my TaB soda. 

"Why are you surprised?"

"Because it's you Dagger. All of a sudden, our toughest, most closed off, bodyguard guy is falling in love with a girl. Taking care of her. You carried her. You practically spoon feed the girl. I mean, you don't even allow men to look at her, let alone touch her. You were about to growl at Links for hugging her. Links...married...happily."

"I'm still confused on why this surprises you."

"From the moment I met you, ten years ago, you wouldn't even think about getting married. You thought it was a scam and a way for someone to try and control you."

"When I was fifteen, I lied about a lot, and that's was something I lied about."

"What do you mean?"

"I've always wanted to settle down, have kids, and the whole white picket fence thing, but I wasn't wanting to tell anyone about that. Now, all I want to do is tell everyone that I've found my forever. Not only for possessive reasons, but because these past days with her around have meant more to me than anything else in my entire life.

I mean, I haven't felt so complete before. I look at Eislyn and everything seems to make sense. Everything about her...she's just so perfect to me, even with all of the shit she's going to have to go through. I have never wanted to support someone more. She's my world, and I'm scared shitless, but I'm not letting her go for anything."

"I would terrified to mess with her."

"Yeah. I would rip your head off, so don't fucking touch her."

Hunt's eyes widen. He gulps down the saliva stuck in his throat. Ajax and Dash look between the two of us, and they can sense the tension. I crush my can in my hand. I stand, quickly becoming the leader of our group of four. 

"Time for rounds. Finish up quickly. I'll be outside."

I slide out of the booth and walk up to the counter, giving my own tip to the waitress that generously served us well. She gives me a seductive smile, but I only roll my eyes and brush her off. She snarls at me. Oh, so now she's going to be a bitch. Got it. 

"Have a great day!"

I send her a sickly sweet smile and make my way out of the diner. I pull my blade out of my back pocket, sharpening it with my brass knuckles. I lean against my motorcycle, getting into tough guy mode in case the four of us run into any problems. 

The Birks probably already know about Eislyn, so we've got to make sure they stay away from our territory. 

The diner door opens, and the three goons are play fighting with one another. I clear my throat, clearly over their antics. They straighten themselves up and put on their helmets. For what feels like the hundredth time today, I roll my eyes once again. 

"What are I going to do with you three?"

"Nothing because you love us so much...right?"

I give Dash a glare, and he quickly gets on his motorcycle. I do the same, and we fly down the street, making the rounds that'll last a couple hours before I have to go to work.