Calm Before The Storm

Dagger P.O.V.

Eislyn soothingly hugs me in her warm arms. I breathe in her scent, taking her in my arms. 

"I know it's going to be hard on you, Dagger, but no matter how much time I spend with him, he's not who I want. Plus he's like thirty years older than me. I'm into older guys but not that old. He probably has saggy balls."

"Gross, little one."

"I'm just saying. You probably have really nice balls, and I'm only eighteen. I need to lose my virginity to a guy who has nice balls."

"That's not helping this situation at all."

Eislyn chuckles, pushing me down into the chair behind me. She sits down on my lap, dangling her legs over the side. I rest one arm around her waist gently, and her arms wrap around my neck. I play with the ends of her long, blonde hair. 

"I love you and only you, Dagger. I'm not about to go falling in love with anyone else. I'm am yours."

"And I am yours."

"See? There's nothing to worry about, my love."

I peer deep in Eislyn's blue eyes, and I know she's telling the truth. I trust her with my whole being. Marcie and Links come sit down next to us, and I play with Eislyn's fingers. I don't want her to go. I don't want to spend one night without her. Now, I'm going to have to spend at least two is Mikeal doesn't agree with the terms of the agreement Eislyn wants to arrange. 

"How are you two doing?"

Eislyn glances down at me, but can see that I don't want to talk, so she takes over the conversation. 

"I'm a little anxious to get this whole started. My boyfriend is acting like a child as well."

My head shoots up, almost hitting Eislyn square in the jaw.

"Dagger! Be careful with me!"

"Your boyfriend?"

Eislyn blushes deeper than I've ever seen. Marcie and Links chuckle as they watch her shrink back. I smirk at up her, not surprised at her sudden draw within herself.

"You aren't even going to ask me?"

"Stop it. I didn't mean to-"

"You know, I would love to be your boyfriend."

Eislyn jumps up in shock.

"You would?"

"Yes. I would. Very much."

"Would you like to be my boyfriend?"

"I would have bought you flowers or something."

"Well, my hands are a little tied for that, but is there anything else you want?"

"Nope. I want some flowers."

Eislyn climbs off my lap and quickly makes her way out of the conference room. Ajax and Dash follow her, after having appointed themselves Eislyn's personal bodyguards. Of course, I'm also taking part of the job, but I'm now Eislyn's right hand man (and maybe boyfriend). I have other things to attend to. 

"Where in the hell is she going?"

"I have absolutely no idea."

Marcie, Links, and I talk about random things before Eislyn comes back into the room. I look in her hands to see that she has a piece of chocolate cake with a flower made out of icing on top.

"With the short amount of time you gave me, this is the best I could do. Now, would you please be my boyfriend?"

I chuckle, tapping my chin teasingly. Like I actually have to think about my answer. Eislyn taps her feet nervously, and I pull her towards me. 

"Yes, little one. And thank you for the cake."

Eislyn holds it closer to me face with her bright eyes staring down at it. I swipe my finger though the icing on the top and suck it off. Her face brightens, and when I look at her confused, she slams the piece of cake into my face. 

For a second, I sit there, my mouth wide open. Other club members burst out laughing as Eislyn scrambles out of the room. I stand, chasing after her and leaving a mess to clean in the conference room. I know Marcie will make Links clean it up.