Safety Precautions

Eislyn P.O.V.

Mikeal, this creepy as psycho who couldn't keep his gross paws off, looks towards the corner of the restaurant. I follow his gaze to see Dagger shaking his hand with two other guys that look like they would be both be able to rip my head off with their bare hands. 

"I guess we are done here, my lovely. I will see you soon."

Don't punch him. Don't punch him. Dagger said not to make him mad. 

Mikeal walks towards his posse, and Dagger makes his way to me. He forcefully pulls me out of my seat. I almost trip over my own feet as he drags me out of the restaurant. I angrily yank my hand out of Dagger's grasp. Before I can't get a word out, his arms slips around my waist. Dagger throws me against his side, holding me tight against him. 

When I look at what got Dagger angry, I see the Mikeal and the two other guys are standing there, absolutely furious. 

"You think you could just hide her away?"

"Well, I was hoping I could, Mikeal."

"And once again, you have underestimated me."

"Or you have me."

With watchful eyes, I stare at Dagger to see his every movement. His hands no around my waist travels down to his waistband where he has successfully hidden a gun. Wait...a gun? Why the fuck is he carrying around a gun? Does he have a gun everywhere he goes? And most importantly, has he killed someone? 

I want to break away, but I'm pretty sure I'll be in worse hands with Mikeal. He way more a creep, but do I really know Dagger? No, it seems that I don't. I have no idea how deep into protecting the town the Four Aces go. That could mean killing someone. I had no idea that Dagger could possibly be a killer. So...what else do I not know about him?

"Oh, Dagger. We both know you can't shoot any of us."

"Not unless you shoot first."

"I'm not trying to go war."

"And neither am I, but I will for my woman."

"But she isn't really, is she? You never got to claim her...officially."

Dagger's grip around my waist turns painful. I try squirm out of his hold, but his arm doesn't budge.

"I, Mikeal Links, challenge you, Dagger Eastwood, for Eislyn Rose. Do you accept my challenge?"

With clenched teeth and extreme reluctance, Dagger answers. 

"I accept. May the best man win."

"Or the worst."

Mikeal winks at me, pausing slightly. 

"I've accepted your terms as well. One night, and then she's mine for the next."

With a smirk, Mikeal walks away and his men follow behind him. I throw my body roughly out of Dagger's grasps, almost falling onto the pavement. When I find my footing again, I slap Dagger hard against the face. 

"What was the for!?"

"You are an asshole! A gun! You carry a fucking gun, and I have no idea! Now, two men are challenging each other me! And what does one night mean? Claim me? And what the fuck is this official claiming thing? And why does that creep care? And why does he have the same fucking last name as Emilio?!"

"I know this is confusing-"

"Fuck you, Dagger! Give me some fucking answers! Now!"

"For your safety...I just can't. The more you know, the more danger you're in."

"So tomorrow, you are going to send me with a stranger who's challenging you for me, and I'm not going to know anything? How is that any less dangerous than you? You have a fucking gun! Do you sleep with it? Is it under your pillow while you sleep? Am I sleeping with a gun?!"

A distressed look falls over Dagger's face. 

"Answers, asshole!"

"It's not safe for you."

"This whole situation isn't fucking safe! Clearly!"

Dagger doesn't give me any information, and instead, he pulls handcuffs out of his back pocket.

"I hate having to do this to you."

"No! No! Get those goddamn things away from me!"

I try to fight him off, but with a click, I'm trapped. Once again. And the man I thought I could trust has done it to me. The man I love has done this to me. That bitch.