Apologies Over Pride

Eislyn P.O.V.

I give anyone a few seconds to speak up, so when I get nothing, I make my way closer to the table. I lower my gun but keep it in my hand. I move up to Links's chair, which is at the head of the table. I don't even have to do anything before he moves his chair out of the way, so I can stand.

"Links?"

"I'm retiring soon anyway. Take the whole fucking club."

I smirk at him before slamming my gun down on the table.

"I want to know what the fuck is going on! Someone explain!"

Voices overlap each other as they each try to tell me everything, but Dagger's lip aren't moving. He eyes me in silence, pleading me to stay safe. But I'm over safe. I want to be apart of this, for real, and I'm now the leader. So, his pleading eyes aren't doing shit for me.

"Silence!"

If a pin dropped, it would be heard.

"Dagger. Why don't you tell me what's going on?"

I watch as he swallows hard. I tap my fingers against the table in a patterned motion, awaiting his answer. Dagger clears his throat, but he does what I don't expect him to do. He stands. Dagger makes his way to me, tears filling his eyes. With a swift motion, he presses a kiss to my lips, sweeping me clear off my feet. 

Marcie awws next to me, but I don't think about anything else around me. Daggers hands delicately hold the sides of my face, my hands running through his hair. His tongue gently caresses mine. He sets me back on the floor and break away from me as we both remember we have a crowd. We glance at each other, blushing. Whoops and hollers are heard around the table as we stare, completely breathless. 

"What was that for?"

"I was wrong, and I apologize. You deserve to know everything. I was worried that you would turn back into the shy, reserved girl I first met. But...now I know you are the strong, independent woman I always wanted you to be. I couldn't see it until now, and I was wrong. I'm very sorry, and I hope you can forgive me."

"I shouldn't, but I'm in love with you, so yes. I forgive you."

"And I'm in love with you."

Dagger goes in to kiss me again, but I grab his head and firmly place it against the table. Much to his and others surprise. 

"Shit! That fucking hurts!"

"You do something that like again, I will hurt you. Never will you ever leave me without information to protect me, jackass. Let this and the bullet holes in your wall be a warning."

"Yes, ma'am."

"Boss will do."

"Yes, boss."

"Good."

I release Dagger from the table, clapping my hands together. 

"Now, we only have one night, so tell me everything."