11- A little bit of jealousy

Chapter 11

As afternoon gives away to evening, Ashlyn is a vision in gold and while, her hair draped with jewels. A crown sits her head, hand crafted for this occasion. 

Ashlyn and Dominick stand, hands held together between them. The Arch-Bishop presides over the event, as is traditional for all royal weddings in Bulovia.

"May this union last, long live the future King and Queen of Bulovia." As everyone eurpts with joy of the union. Dominick steps forward and holds Ashlyn tightly. Before stepping back, he kisses the top of her head; scandalous indeed! But no one seems to mind. The kingdom rejoices and Prince Dominick and Princess Ashlyn of Bulovia bow toward their guests, hands held in unison.

*******

Entering the grand ballroom that will house the reception of the event, Annaliese is stunned by the transformation. Ashlyn told her that "Oasis" was the theme, ("Always have a theme, Annaliese. Then make it bigger!") but this is beyond what she thought possible. An enchanted waterfall flows from nothing to a pool that never seems to fill in the middle. The huge room is full of exotic plants, putting even the palace gardens to deep shame. The room is open to the sky above, a billion stars shining down on the low lit oasis.  A servant bows to Annaliese, holding up a tray, offering her a glass of rich wine. She takes it and carries it with her as she advances further into the space.

The night carries on, King Randolph stands to say a few words. Annaliese would swear he has been crying. Dominick's father speaks next. When he is finished, he calls for the music to play and begs that everyone welcome the united families with drink, food, and song. The guests are happy to oblige.

By this point, Annaliese is on glass of wine number two and is feeling warm and giddy. She is slow to react when Prince Nicholas asks her for a dance.

"Hmm?.. Oh, uhm sure, I mean yes, Prince Nicholas, thank you for asking." Her manners return to her at the end.

He leads her by the arm to the dance floor and leads her into a waltz. He dances very well. As is to be expected from a Prince of his pedigree. Annaliese closes her eyes as they spin and loses herself in the song for a short time. When the music stops, Nicholas releases her slowly and bows to her. "Thank you, Princess Annaliese. You're as graceful as you are kind and beautiful. Perhaps I could beg another waltz this evening?"

She smiles at him. This is a Nicholas she's not used to seeing. He always knew how to play polite but he seems sincere. Maybe it's the wine. She curtsies back. "Yes of course, I will be here all evening. Come find me later. I should spend some time with my family."

*******

Zorander enters the hall just as Randolph begins to speak. "Just in time," he thinks. "It wouldn't do to miss my own King's speech."

Once Dominick's father finished his speech. A dark-haired woman dressed all in white approaches him. She hesitantly walks into his line of sight and speaks. "Excuse me but are you Zorander of Dulcinea?"

He looks at her a moment and nods, not used to being approached...  by a beautiful woman.

"She smiles, I'm Luciana, Royal Sorceress to the crown of Roetzel."

Zorander is a little taken back and bows quickly, lest he seem rude. "Madame Sorceress, it's an honor."

"Oh no no no. No "Madame", Luciana will do, and the honor is absolutely mine. I was wondering, would you be able to share with me anything about your time with the council?"

His old friend, pride, joins the party and nothing could stop him now. He puffs his chest and drawls in his familiar smarmy tone, "Of course, Mylady - Luciana. It would be my pleasure." He leads her to an empty table and motions for her to sit.