[80. The Roommate]

Start from the beginning

Today, she was working on a drawing of the chickens, living in the coop only a few feet away. They were making cheerful noises that made her smile, she was inspired to commemorate them.

"That is a beautiful picture, my love."

Lucilla stiffened as strong hands carefully set themselves on her waist, a smile blooming on her lips. "Silas."

"Who else would dare touch you like this, my sweet Lucilla?"

Lucilla giggled sweetly when she was turned by Silas, her stomach flipping as he quickly dived to place a chaste kiss on her forehead. She placed a soft palm on his cheek, feeling his stubble start to grow in, and sighed happily.

Lucy rolled over with a frustrated huff. She was sick of the dreams, the memories of her first life, that haunted her each night. They started up not long after Stefan had gone missing and each time she had them, her stomach became nauseous and her mood was ruined the entire morning.

Her life as Luciana was not actually her first life as she and everyone else had thought. No, her first life happened over a thousand years before she was Luciana Mikaelson. In her first life, she was Lucilla, servant of the Bennett house and bastard child of the village prostitute and high warlock. She was called an abomination because she was not born with magic like the others; she was a siphoner like all her other lives, one of the first of her kind.

And she was Silas' lover—well, one of his lovers. She betrayed Qetsiyah, her friend, and had an affair with her fiancé and she had loved him. In her memories she felt so much love and passion and she couldn't stand it, especially when it was all for Silas. Silas, who she had yet to see the face of, because apparently, her mind loved playing tricks on her. Honestly, it didn't matter much that she hadn't yet seen Silas' true form; she was more disgusted about the fact that Lucilla was the kind of person to sleep with a man who was to be married.

Yeah, she fell for Stefan when he was with Elena but she didn't do anything physical about it. If confessing her feelings counted as emotional, sure, she was a bitch but she never expected Stefan to have feelings for her, too. Not that she was upset about it, but...

She was going to pull herself into a panic attack if she kept thinking so much. She couldn't handle that today, not when there was so much to do. She was moving her school things out of her apartment and into her shared dorm room with Caroline and Elena, which was the biggest thing, but not what she was most concerned about. It was Jeremy who was her first concern; the poor kid would be on his own with Joel and Damon and he would be going back to high school. She didn't envy her baby brother, that was for sure.

Reaching for her phone, Lucy sent Caroline a good morning text and then got out of bed to get ready for the day. By the time she had gotten dressed, the rest of her stuff packed, and had her breakfast of B+ blood, Joel and Jeremy had already let themselves into the apartment and made themselves comfortable on her couch.

"All right," Joel sighed from his spot on the couch, staring at Jeremy expectantly. "Give me the cover story."

Lucy rolled her eyes at her older brother and picked up the last green apple she had in her fruit bowl, tossing it to Jeremy so he could eat it. She stood across from them, her arms folded on her chest as she listened to Jeremy grumble the story that Joel, Elena, and Damon had come up with when it came to explaining Jeremy's miraculous rise from the dead.

"There were issues at home," Jeremy rolled the apple in his hands, glancing away from its pale green flesh to look at her, as if she was his audience. "Ever since I lost my parents and my aunt, I've been acting out. Drugs, drinking...I was looking for attention, so I lit my house on fire and faked my own death."