[34. Niklaus]

[2x18; The Last Dance]

"Please sign here and here."

Lucy did as Mr. Henry told her, writing her signature on the two lines he pointed out. Next to her, Elena did the same, scribbling her name down quickly. Bonnie watched them, bewildered by the change of events.

"So, you guys own this place?" she asked, furrowing her eyebrows. "They just gave it to you?"

"For now," Elena confirmed. "As the owners, we're the only ones who can invite—" she gave Mr. Henry a hesitant glance and revised her words. "—a certain type of person in here, if you know what I mean."

"Your own personal safe house."

Lucy nodded. "That's the idea."

Bonnie hummed and looked around the library, taking in the massive room. "Wouldn't want to clean it."

Lucy scoffed in agreement as Elena giggled.

They finished up signing the deed to the Boarding House and once Mr. Henry notarized it, only Lucy and Elena could invite vampires into the house—it was officially theirs. Having a safe house to stay in really helped Lucy feel better, especially with Elena being protected from Klaus. It was the best option for her—and even Lucy—and it was very nice of the Salvatore brothers to let Elena and Lucy have the deed until everything was over with.

Elena, Lucy, and Bonnie led Mr. Henry out of the house.

"Thank you, Mr. Henry," Lucy said graciously as Elena opened the door to let him leave; Mr. Henry shook her hand and bustled away from the house, passing Stefan, Joel, and Damon on his way out.

Stefan, Joel, and Damon went to walk in but were stopped at the threshold. Lucy smirked; it looked like signing the deed had actually worked as plan.

"I'm sorry, I completely forgot," Elena giggled, turning back to the door. She looked at Stefan with a large smile. "Would you like to come inside my house?"

Stefan smiled fondly as he walked into the house. "I would love to. Thank you."

"Joel, come on in," Lucy waved Joel into the house; he walked forward, giving Damon a pleased smirk.

"What?" Damon complained. "You're inviting him in before me? What, are we twelve?"

Elena's smile fell. "One of us is," she said firmly. "If I let you in, do you promise to obey the owners of this house?"

"No."

"Seriously, Damon? My way," she reminded him. "You promised. I call the shots. No lies, no secret agendas, remember?"

"Yes, Elena," Damon rolled his eyes. "Sure."

"Then, please, come in."

Damon walked into the house and sent Lucy a smirk before scowling at Stefan and Joel, who were both looking at him in amusement. "Shut up."