[05. Fun Facts About Stefan Salvatore]

[1x05; You're Undead to Me]

"Hey, Lucy," Stefan's voice played from Lucy's phone, coming from a two-day-old voicemail that she'd just noticed. "I wanted to let you know that I'm taking care of Damon. I'll, uh, I'll see you in a few days."

Lucy exhaled sharply and threw her phone down on the bed. Well, that would explain why Stefan hadn't contacted her or Elena for the past few days. He was taking care of Damon...Joel would be happy to hear about that.

Lucy was happy too. She hadn't even known that Damon was a vampire for long, but she guessed that all the animal attacks that happened—including Mr. Tanner—had been him. Besides that, Caroline didn't need him around, especially if he was drinking from her and compelling her to forget.

Walking over to her closet, Lucy pulled out a coral tunic and gray jeans, pairing them with some leather ankle boots. She had just finished pulling her messy hair into a top knot when Elena burst into her room, a horrified look on her face.

"What's up?" Lucy asked, concerned.

"I just walked in on Vicki in mine and Jeremy's bathroom," Elena told Lucy, face-planting on her bed.

Lucy gaped at her. "Vicki Donovan?" she asked incredulously. "As in, Vicki Donovan, Jeremy's current obsession? Matt's older sister?"

"Yes!" Elena groaned, rolling onto her side. "She was in her underwear and was using my toothbrush!"

Lucy shuddered. "That's so unhygienic."

"That's what you care about?" Elena asked, setting her disbelieving gaze on her younger sister. "What about the fact that our baby brother is having sex with an eighteen-year-old?"

"Jeremy's not a baby, Lena. He's almost fifteen," Lucy sighed and then scrunched up her nose. "But, yeah, he's still too young to be sleeping with a legal adult."

Elena pointed at Lucy in agreement before climbing out of the bed.  "Ugh," she groaned, straightening out her tank top as Lucy grabbed her purse from her desk. "Why is my life so complicated right now?"

As the two sisters walked out of the room and started heading downstairs, Lucy gave Elena a sympathetic look. "I'm sure Stefan will get back to you soon."

She wasn't surely positive about what she said, but she wanted to assure her sister about Stefan anyway. A heart-broken Elena was not good mixed with a grieving Elena. And despite being a vampire, she really believed that Stefan was a good guy.

Elena gave her a look of disbelief. "It's been four days, Luce."

Lucy raised her hands innocently and hopped off the last step, continuing into the kitchen. Jenna sat at the dining room table, a cup of coffee nestled next to her full notebook.

"Morning, Aunt Jenna," Lucy greeted her aunt cheerfully. She hurried around the island, reaching on her tiptoes to grab two bowls. She handed one to Elena before searching for her favorite cereal.