[36. Love for Jenna]

[2x20; The Last Day]

"Tonight is the full moon," Elijah declared, looking around the library where Lucy, Joel, Stefan, and Elena sat. "We should assume that Klaus is prepared to break the curse."

"Lucy said that the Sun and the Moon curse is fake?" Stefan spoke up curiously. "That it's actually just a curse placed on Klaus."

"Klaus is a vampire born of a werewolf bloodline," Elijah explained his brother's origins. "The curse has kept his werewolf aspect from manifesting. But, if he breaks it, he'll be a true hybrid."

Damon walked into the library, a grumpy look on his face. "Then why are we letting him break the curse? We can kill him today," he claimed, looking at Elena pointedly. "With Bonnie."

Stefan sighed. "Damon..."

Elena glared at the oldest Salvatore. "No, Bonnie can't use that much power without dying."

"I'll write her a great eulogy."

"It's not an option, Damon!" Elena snapped.

"All right," Joel spoke over the glares Damon and Elena were sending each other before turning to Elijah. "how do we break this curse?"

"Well, the ritual itself is relatively straightforward," Elijah said. "The ingredients, so to speak, you already know."

"The moonstone and my locket," Lucy volunteered, holding her locket tightly between her fingers.

Elijah nodded. "A witch will cast a spell to unlock the magic within the moonstone and your locket so you can siphon the curse out of them," he told Lucy her part of the ritual. "Once you have siphoned the curse, you will give your blood. A witch will then use your blood and the power of the full moon to continue the ritual. Klaus, being both werewolf and vampire, will sacrifice one of each."

"And where do I fit into it?" Elena asked quietly.

"The final part of the ritual," Elijah opened the box that he had brought with him to the Boarding House. "Klaus must drink the blood of the doppelganger to the point of death."

Lucy and Joel winced as Elena nodded in acceptance and took Stefan's hand. "And that's where you come in."

Elijah pulled out an old vial filled with red liquid. "This is an elixir that I acquired some five hundred years ago for Katerina," he informed everyone. "It possesses mystical properties of resuscitation."

"So, I'll be dead?"

"And then you won't," Elijah finished.

"That's your plan? A magical witch potion with no expiration date?" Damon scoffed at Elijah before turning to Elena. "You want to come back to life, what about John's ring?"

"The Gilbert rings only work on humans, Damon," Lucy sighed, biting her lip. "Elena's a doppelganger."

"Odds are, the ring won't work," Elijah added.