Chapter Thirty-Seven

-Poonam's POV

I woke up with a sharp pain straight to my head. It always happens every morning when I spend all night crying that I won't be able to spend the rest of my life with the one who beats in my heart or be able to go to college at all once I get married into a family I barely know.

I don't know what to do to stop this from happening!

Arjeet promised to come up with something, even Amrita promised to come up with something but what could they possibly come up with that can stop this from happening?!

I thought of calling Preeta and telling her what's about to happen to me, Amrita also thought same but Preeta will surely be busy with her inlaws and I dont want to bother her with my problems.

I sighed deeply. I stood up from my bed and went into the bathroom to dress up for school or I will be late.

After fifteen minutes of a cold shower which wasnt refreshing to me or my thoughts, I came out and got dressed in my school uniform. I made my hair to a long braided style before I put on my wrist watch and head out of my room.

I came down stairs and heard some chats coming from the dinning and I guessed, everyone was already on the table. I made my way to the dinning and mom and dad are being seated while aunt Aditi served the food on their plates.

They seemed to be discussing something which mom and aunt Aditi wasnt comfortable with through the expressing on their face, but they quickly stopped their discussions when they saw me.

"Good morning mom, good morning dad." I greeted with a small smile as I took my seat.

"Good morning beta, how was your night?" Mom asked and my inner self screamed 'horrible! And it's thanks to dad'

"Fine." I said with a smile that I didt believe came up to my face when my heart was breaking in half.

Aunt Aditi came over to my side and wanted to place some pancakes in my plate but I stopped her, I dont feel like eating anything too hard now.

"You don't want pancakes? I made it just for you and it's your favourite too." Aunt Aditi questions.

"I know aunt, but I will just want to have some garlic bread and tea." I said and I picked up the garlic bread on the table to take some slices out of it.

"Poonam, are you okay?" Mom asked and I gave a small smile to her.

"Am fine mom." I replied and just focused on my food which I have lost appetite for.

"My darling Poonam." Dad called and I looked up to him who was smiling at me. "You know I told you I will surpise you after your final year exams and you graduate from high school, right?" He questioned and I nodded.

"Well, there was some change of plans and I can't wait any longer in telling you about the surprise." He said and I just stared at him, my heart breaking more cuz I know what he was going to say which I overheard.

"W-What's the surpise?" I managed to asked as I swallowed down hard.

"You will be getting married once you graduate out from high school." He said and my heart completely shattered again as I stared at him, trying to hold back my tears which was begging to come out.

"And to top it all, your soon to be inlaws and husband will be coming over this weekened to see us and your engagement ceremony will be by next week." He said and it felt like fhe whole world was spinning all around me right now.

E-Engagement?! N-Next w-week?!

I looked at mom who looked away, trying to hide her tears away from me. I looked at aunt Aditi who did the same before I looked back at dad who was smiling sweetly to me.