Chapter Twenty-Four

-Preeta's POV

We are all offering puja now, my family had arrived and I was so happy to see them but my father held no emotions in seeing me as usual.

I wonder why he has never held so much emotions for me like he does to Poonam even through am his daughter too.

I know he doesnt approve of me going to college but I wish he would be proud of me and love me like he always did when I was little.

"I'll go check if the moon is out yet", Poonam announced to us after we were done with puja.

I looked at the entrance door but there was still no sign of him.

Maybe he's not going to show up.

"Come Preeta, we need to dish out thd kheer and jalebi now", mom Leela said and I nodded while getting up.

I looked at the entrance door one last time and my heart ache when there was still no sign of him before I followed mom Leela into the kitchen.

Please show up Siddhartha and I promise to make everything right, I prayed sliently in my heart which is aching already.

....

"The moon is out!, the moon is out!", Poonam yelled coming into the sitting room where were busy having some family chat.

"Come on everyone, let's go to the terrace", mom Leela said and everyone started heading to the terrace but my eyes were fixed on the entrance door for him to walk through that door but no sign of him.

Mom Leela called him few minutes ago and he said he was still busy at the sight but will be home before the full moon but he isnt here and its the full moon already.

I felt my heart aching more on the thoughts that he's not going to show up.

I hurt him so much and he properly doesnt want to show up.

A hand on my shoulder pulled me out of my thought, I looked beside me and I saw it was mom Leela with my mom behind her.

"Am so sorry for Siddhartha not showing up..I dont know what has gotten into him these past few days but I will sure talk to him..", she said and I held her hand trying to hold back the tears that am sure is shining in my eyes right now.

I can't help with the thought that he hates me right now, not after those hurtful words I told but am willing to set things right.

"Please dont talk to him mom, I..I will handle it and besides he must be too occupied at the sight and I totally understand", I said and she searched my eyes knowning how broken I am she made to say a word but I managed a smile telling her it was fine.

I really dont want my mom to know about the deal and all and why Siddhartha isnt here right now.

"Okay beta, then you just join us for the ritual and then you break your fast", mom Leela said.

"I will join you for the ritual but i won't break my fast..I want my husband to be the one to break my fast", i said and i saw mom Leela's eyes full of sadness but I smiled and looked up behind mom Leela to my mom who seem to be watching us without saying a word but her eyes were searching mine but I averted my eye back to mom Leela.

"Let's go now", i said with a smile as I held mom Leela's hand and I looked at my mom motioning for her to start heading toward the terrace and she nodded as we both head to terrace but I looked back at the entrance door one last time before heading up to the terrace.

He hates me

He hates me

He hates me

That was all I keep screaming in my head with my scattered heart but I tried to control my tears.