Chapter Two

-Preeta's POV

I woke up and breathed in the beauty of today as the sun shone directly on my face with my eyes closed.

I opened my eyes as i smiled, I was looking at the beauitful day from my room window, I looked back at Poonam who was still sleeping peacefully on the bed.

She's such a naughty girl, its 07:00 am in the morning and she's still fast asleep instead of getting ready for school, she's still in seventh grade of high school.

I walked up to the little drawer by the side of the bed and picked up the alarm clock and set it to 07:15 before placing it so close to Poonam.

I smiled on my act but that's the only way I can use to wake her or she'll sleep forever and miss school as she sometimes does.

I made alittle prayer to the lord before going out to the kitchen to make dad's favourite ginger tea.

He loves it hot.

After last night I thought that maybe mom was right and dad was just stressed out cos of his trip, so i'll discuss it with him today and also I need to go shopping to buy the things I will need in college.

Once I was done with tea, I placed in a tray and walked upstairs towards his room.

"I told you Disha that i'll never change my decision no matter what you say!", I stopped when I heard baba half yelling at mom.

Their door was a bit open so I quickly hide myself behind the wall to hear what this their argument was all about.

"We are talking about Preeta's future here Sai...she has dreams"

"Which you build up in her....listen Disha, My decision will not change no matter what you say. Preeta won't going to any college, you should be getting her ready for her upcoming marriage in two weeks instead of talking this rubbish to me".

My body freezed on that spot as Baba's words started replaying in my head.

Preeta won't be going to any college, you should be getting her ready for her upcoming marriage in two weeks instead of talking this rubbish to me.

I didt know when the tray slipped out of my hand and landed on the ground but I didt move.

I won't be going to college??

I...I am getting married in two weeks??

I felt my cheek getting wet on my own tears, I heard their door open and I known its because of the sound of the tray and the broken tea cup.

I felt their eyes on me but I still couldnt move,

"What happened here??", I heard Poonam's voice close to me but I still didt move and mom didt answer her yet.

"Preeta what happened??", I heard aunty Aditi's voice but I still didt move.

Everything baba said just keeps replaying in my head over and over again as I took slow steps into my room without looking or talking to anyone.

"Preeta..", I heard mom's faint voice but I just kept walking toward my room.

I sat down slowly on my bed while baba's words kept replaying in my head.