Chapter Thirty-One

-Preeta's POV

I served breakfast on the table and to my surprise everyone was already sitting ready for dinner.

"This looks yummy," uncle Kabir said when I served his favorite meal on his plate.

"Of course, anything that Preeta's makes happens to be very tasty" mom Leela said and my cheek went warm on her complement as I served her own meal.

I served granny Amma who didt look at me. She happens not to accept me yet, her hatred for me seems to increase after Eva left.

But I am trying my best to win her heart.

I settled down beside Siddhartha who kept on staring at me non stop which made me very nervous under his gaze and I think he enjoys my condition the way he is smirking at me right now.

"How is work.at the sight going now Sid?" Uncle Kabir asked with his focus still on his food.

"Its going on well dad, before a month runs out it will be finished" Sid replied but didt forget to glance at me.

"Ok, and Preeta. How are your studies going?" Uncle Kabir asked and this time he is looking at me.

"It's going well, I am just preparing myself for our upcoming exam in two weeks".

"Okay, that is very good. So what about your plans for your honeymoon?" I choked on food in my mouth and Sid spat out the water he was drinking when we heard what father had just said.

"What? You guys have no plans yet?" Mom Leela asked but I was speechless with my cheek getting so warm.

"Okay, it's a good thing we had a back up plan if your answer happens to be no" mom Leela said and I frowned in confusion.

What back up plan are they talking about?

"What back up plan are you talking about father?" Sid asked and father put his hand under the table.

"This backup plan" uncle Kabir said as his hand came out under the table with a white envelope and handed it to Sid who took it and looked at mom Leela and uncle Kabir who had a mischievous grin on their faces.

"What is this?" Sid asked.

"Open it you idiot and stop asking annoying questions" uncle Kabir said with a fake frown.

Sid opened the envelope and brought out two tickets or something.

"Sweet honeymoon suite in a five star hotel" Sid read what was written on the ticket giving me shock with tingles washing off my whole body.

"Yes that's right, and you guys leave by tomorrow so start packing the things you will both need while you are there" mom Leela said and my cheek went so warm as I stared down at my playing fingers.

"Who is going where?" Indu's voice came making me look up to see her standing in front of us in her night dress.

Yes, she was missing from the breakfast table. Why didt I notice? She looked like she had Just woken up from sleep.

"Preeta and Sid will be going on their first ever honeymoon" Mom Leela said and I felt my cheek grow very warm now.

"Wow, everyone's busy and happy preparing Preeta's honeymoon with my bhai that they forgot what today is, am really impressed!" Indu said with a fake laugh which got everyone and me confused.

What does she mean by what today is?

"Oh my God Indu.." Sid said as he stood up shocked but Indu walked away so angrily.

"What is wrong with her?" Mom Leela asked Sid who groaned.

"Today's Indu's birthday mother" we all gasped apart from granny and Sid.