Chapter Thirty-Two

-Indu's POV

"What do you want?" I asked with a hard frown.

He came close to me but I looked away, I am so much more angry with him than my parents.

"Am sorry Indu, I had a lot on my mind that I forgot today was actually your birthday" he said but I scoffed.

"You had a lot on your mind really? Nice excuse to cover up the fact that everyone's attention has always been on Preeta, it's as if I don't even exist to you all".

"No it's not like that, here. I got a little gift to show how sorry I am, have it" he brought a box in gift wraps in front of me.

I glanced at him before collecting the gift. What can I say? I can't really refuse gifts even if I am very upset.

"What's in it?" I asked, still looking down at the gift.

"Open it" he said and I glanced at him before rolling my eyes.

I started unwrapping the gift wrap to reveal a big red box and two mini ones. I glanced up at my bhai again who had a grin on.

I opened the first mini one and was speechless when I saw a very expensive necklace, the ones I do admire online. I placed it down and opened the second mini one and to my surprise it was the matching earrings and bangles.

I dropped it on the bed and opened the big box I was still holding and to my surprise it was that beautiful blue sleeveless dress that I saw online too.

I heard it came out new and way expansive and my style too, this is enough for me to forgive him but I will prove stubborn a little more to teach all of them a lesson.

"Am I forgiven now?" He asked as I put down the box on my bed.

"I will think about it and give you an answer later," I said with my back facing him and a smirk plastered on my lips when I heard his groan.

"Fine, but you will have to wear that dress this evening by seven and look beautiful as always too" he said and I frowned at his statement making me turn to him.

"Why? Are we going somewhere?" I asked and he started scratching the back of his head like he's thinking of the right words to say.

"Not of any sort but just get ready in this dress and look beautiful as always" he said but I rolled my eyes.

"If you cant tell me what am getting all dressed up for this evening I won't get ready like you are asking me to now" I said and he groaned more harder that I almost chuckled.

"Why can't you do anything so easily without being strong headed?" He asked and I just shrugged. "I can't tell you ok, it's a surprise. Just get ready by 7pm" he said and before I would ask he rushed out from the room making me smile.

"I sense they are planning something, I will go check it out" I made sure my gift was okay on my bed before leaving.

-Poonam's POV

"Are you sure he's going to show up? It's getting late already and you know you still have a party to attend later this evening" Amrita said for the seventh time now.

"I know but he said I should meet him up here, let us wait for a while longer" I tried to calm my impatient friend whom I dragged down here for two hours waiting for him who said he will meet me up here by 3pm.

It's been months now that I have been secretly meeting him up here at the bookstore once in a while. I wont say we are in some kind of relationship but I can say we have really grown so fond and in love with each other.