Chapter Nine

-Preeta's POV

"Hi, I am Eva..Sid's fiancée", the lady said and I felt something scatter inside of me.

I dont know why I feel this way each time he says her name and that she's his fiancée and now she's standing infront of me making it worst.

Why???

This marriage isnt serious either so why does it bother me so much??

She walked up to me with her hands crossed on her chest, she stared into my eyes for awhile before starting to walk behind me as if she was checking me out till she was infront of me again.

"You can be manageable for my Sid..but let me warn you, if you dare try coming one inch close to him or even think of touching him or try being romantic with him like newly weds do...I will make sure you regret it bit by bit, Eva doesnt make empty promises Miss. Preeta Sai Dev", She said angerily but rather calm as she walked away closing the door behind her.

I just sat down on bed looking so numb, it isnt a serious marriage after all, my aim is going back to college.

....

Aunty Leela, uncle Kabir, grandma Amma, Indu, Eva and me started having breakfast but I dont know why but I receive glares from grandma Amma, Indu and Eva.

It more or else seem like am not welcomed into their family and I didt see grandma Amma in any of the wedding functions.

"Mom, dad, grandma am leaving for college", Indu said while gulping down some water which pained me.

If only I could go to college like her.

"But you know its moonh dikhayi ceremony (a ritual were friends and relatives of groom side come to meet bride and give her gifts) today, Indu", aunty Leela said giving her a glare.

"Must I attend mother??", Indu asked in a boring tone.

"Yes beta..", uncle Kabir said making her to sigh.

"Fine, I will just go and return back before the ceremony begin", she said getting up with her handbag.

"Better come home early as you said", aunty Leela said as Indu kissed her cheek.

"Take care of yourself princess", uncle Kabir said and she nodded before kissing his cheek and grandma Amma too.

"See you later Eva", she waved at Eva who smiled back with a nod as Indu walked away and we all contiuned to eat apart from me.

How am I sure I will ever go back to college even if this plan works???

"Oh my, Indu forgot her mobile", aunty Leela said looking at the mobile which was lying on the table where she sat.

"I'll go give it to her", I said grabbing the phone and tried to walk as fast as I could to reach her even through this saree isnt helping.

I saw her getting into the back seat of the car as the driver opened it.

"Indu wait..", I called to her and she looked at me with an irritating look as she came out of the car and came infront of me.

"You..you forget your phone on the dinning in..", i wasnt able to complete my statement as she snatched her phone away from my hand which am not surprised about.

"Listen here Preeta, just because you are married to my bhai and leaving in this house doesnt mean you have a right to my things..", she said angerily while pointing her index finger to me.

"Do not even think because you are my bhai's wife that everything will turn out good and all but you are totally wrong Preeta, I hate you so much Preeta that the mere sight of you irritates me so much...as long as you will be here just make sure you dont cross my path or talk to me cos if you do..you wouldnt like to see the other side of me..", she said and got into the car as the driver drove away.