I Don't Want to Face My Fears...I'm Afraid of Them!

.

♥ mute creature

♥ YOU MUST WAKE UP ♥

♥ You will lose the level... ♥

LIFE

♥ If you don't wake up, ♥

MELONAJU

.

What is that...? Melonaju? Where am I? 

Jimin stands in the center of a gothic cathedral, the sun filtering ethereally through the high stained glass windows. The floors glow a creamy blur of pale whites, welcoming him with tendrils of delicate fog swirls. He turns his head, gaping at the location he resides in. 

No longer do graphics surround him, but gigantic pillars, solid stone columns, and architectural splendor. The towering walls are clearer than day, their etched surfaces radiating off elegant prowess. Immediately, his confused hands fly to his face, to feel for the familiar smoothness of the VR headset. The pads of his fingers meet with skin--two squinting eyes and a definitive nose. His mouth curves into displeasure, an odd feeling worming into his guts. What...the...

Nothing is on his face. 

"...filed the lawsuit......policemen.......finally....."

Jinyoung's voice somehow waves into the cathedral like a wet string of grass dragged along Jimin's brain. It echoes along the tall towers of the cathedral, crashing into him like a warm breeze on a summer day. He reflexively sniffs, darting his gaze around to search for the speaker. 

"Jinyoung? Jinyoung, where are you? Why am I in here?"

Jimin nervously strides further into the cathedral, his footsteps tapping loudly into the empty building. The previous level doors that he and Pluto97 have beaten stand out like proud paintings against the hallway wall. 

The doors are colored light gray in termination, their inner challenges fully exhausted after completion. Jimin stares as the level numbers on the doors ascend, mouth open in bewilderment. His fingers anxiously pinch at the purple crop top that he has on...that Melonaju wears in Perilation. 

How am I...in the game?

.

Park Jimin

♥ You must choose: ♥

WAKE UP

♥ or lose the game. ♥

FOREVER.

.

".......can't believe.....finally over.....fucking hate.....lost my job!.....good....thing...." 

Jimin blanches as the scratchy voice tarries in the throes of the cathedral he's stuck in. Even in limbo, he recognizes the voice.

"Yeonjun?" Jimin wanders around desperately as his old coworker's voice seems to surround him. "Where are you? How do I get out of here? How do I wake up?"

No answer. Nothing but a gust of mystery and a realization that he isn't just in his imagination. He's in limbo.

In all of his life, never has Jimin felt so ephemeral. With the grainy winds of beige sparkles that dance and pulse in this dreamlike world, he feels as if he might get wiped away...or become trapped in here forever. He doesn't know why this feeling sinks into him, but he can tell by the way the level doors are all gray that he isn't supposed to be here. Even the game is urging him to wake up wake up wake up but he doesn't know how.