___

"And then he told me I was doing it wrong--that I was filing the sheets of paper in the wrong spot this entire time and that I had to redo the whole pile over again!"

Jinyoung pauses to take a sip of water from a tall flute. The water seems to swish around in his mouth for a lackadaisical trip before Jimin sees it roll down his throat. It's almost as if Jinyoung's metered silence is meant for him, Park Jimin, to fill in the gap of boring conversation. What am I supposed to say? Ouch, you sure are having trouble with those papers...need a band aid for all those paper cuts? Maybe switch to a more interesting job, at least the injuries will be more exciting to treat.

"Yikes." Is all Jimin can manage as he maneuvers his bulgogi filled chopsticks towards his mouth. The delectable, soft meat slides around his taste buds, gracefully cutting off his forced reaction to Jinyoung's story. He waits for Jinyoung to continue the tale of his first week at work, occasionally wringing his palms in the new Louis Vuitton polo that Jinyoung has yet to compliment him on.

"Yikes is right. The pile took me two hours to file the wrong way, so to file it correctly I had to stay three hours later than usual. I didn't even get paid overtime either!" Jinyoung tousles his fingers through his gelled hair. A waiter shuffles up to their table, asking them if they're doing alright or if they need anything else? 

Holding up his hand in the negatory, Jinyoung gives the young waiter a kind smile. Jimin also shakes his head no, but can't help the flashback that enters his head. The date level of Perilation.

'Park Jimin-" The scary waiter had agitatedly stumbled over to his table for the fifth time, holding out his hands in want of customer strangulation. Jimin had freaked out in his headset, asking Pluto repetitively what the hell is his problem? What am I doing wrong? 

Jungkook broke down in laughter for a response, cackling maniacally through his headset as the female date poured countless glasses of wine over his digital head. 'You're so dull in regards to women you have to either be brain dead or homosexual.' He remembers the game saying. 

"HAHAH!" Jimin laughs at the memory, covering his mouth. The waiter gives him an odd look, tilting his head curiously at the laughing purple-haired man. Jinyoung leans forward on his elbows, lips drawn in an amused smile. The waiter breezes past as another table calls for his assistance, blinking in confusion at the food chunks now flying from Jimin's giggling mouth.

"What's so funny?" Jinyoung automatically starts laughing along, which makes the situation funnier. 

"I'm aAHAH! Um, the HAHAH! Just-"

Guess what game? I must be brain dead, cuz even though I'm homosexual I cannot meander through conversations about law with this man any longer! This is so painful! Does Jinyoung not see how awkward I'm acting? 

"Was it something about the waiter? Or...the pile of papers?" Jinyoung presses, catching the eye of a few onlooking occupants of fancy tables. In the dim lighting, Jinyoung appears slightly domineering over his giggling counterpart. He's leaning vastly over the table, trying to egg Jimin into sharing the secret joke with him. Jimin can only crumple more into himself, tears of the brightest hilarity dripping down his cheeks. The pile of papers! HAHAHAHAHAHHA!

"N-No hah...n...nooo...ahhAHAHAH!" Jimin can hardly string together a few words without breaking down again. The hard glint of suspicion in Jinyoung's eye is too funny for him to handle. For once it feels freeing to have the upper hand over Jinyoung--to know something that he doesn't. To be the one with the power. And all because of stupid Perilation.

Jinyoung decides to lean back in his chair and wait it out, sipping at his water. Almost the entire dinner Jinyoung hasn't really touched his food much, only eating when Jimin asked him how the food tasted. Now though, Jimin's inconsolability prompts him to raise his chopsticks almost sulkily.