... ___ ...

WARNING! THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS VIVID DESCRIPTIONS OF VERBAL AND PHYSICAL ABUSE + OTHER DARK THEMES. READER DISCRETION IS HEAVILY ADVISED.

.

Two Hours Earlier

"Careful...careful...just like that. Ease him in c-carefully."

Jungkook's warbled voice rings out in the hotel room, his crossed legs on the bed bouncing in agitation. "Good, like that. Oh....oh God..."

Thea assists in getting Jimin's body comfortably in the younger's wheelchair, positioning his body in a semi-comfortable way. Junghyun and Eunmi watch from the side of the room as Jimin's unconscious body is handled with the utmost care. 

"It's okay, Jungkook. We'll take care of him, bring him to the closest hospital so they can make sure nothing is seriously wrong." Hoseok pats Jungkook's shoulder. The younger eyes never leave Jimin's pale, unmoving face lolled slightly to the side. Jimin's mouth is parted gently, his breathing coming slow and peaceful. 

"It's better we do this now." Thea asserts. "Head injuries are important to get checked right away even if they seem minor. But from the bump right here-" Thea's fingers ghost over the red and purple splotch on Jimin's temple. "-I can tell he didn't fall lightly. My best guess is that he concussed himself. Poor guy."

At the words, Jungkook reaches over towards Jimin from his spot on the bed, his face contorted in grief. A lock of purple-hair gets brushed off of a milky forehead, ever so gently. Junghyun closely watches his brother from across the room, frowning in vicarious melancholy.

"He'll be okay." Jungkook says weakly, more to himself than the others. "But bring him back right after he gets checked out. Video call me when he wakes up so that I can talk to him. Call me if anything goes wrong and I'll be there-"

"But you don't have your wheelchair, honey." Eunmi's normally strong voice is withdrawn, tempered by the events of the day. "If Hoseok and Thea--those are your names, right?"

The said couple nods.

"If they run into trouble, Junghyun and I will have to take care of it, Kook. You won't be able to come along...we'll help him out-"

Jungkook shakes his head, slamming his fists onto his bouncing thighs. "No, if they run into trouble, I have to be there. I don't care if I have to fucking crawl-"

"I can carry you." 

Junghyun suddenly speaks up, his voice strong and loud in the hotel room. A brief flash of surprise touches Jungkook's pouted lips, and he regards his brother with an air of gratefulness.

"Yes...or, or Junghyun can carry me." Jungkook's gaze never drops from his brother. Junghyun nods at him in brotherly loyalty and something passes between their eyes. Jungkook breaks the stare first, shifting his gaze back to Jimin.

After a few moments of silence, Thea speaks up. "So we have Jimin's phone, we put his emergency necklace on, we have candy bars packed in case he wakes up and gets hungry in the waiting room...wait, should we put some shoes on him?"

Hoseok shakes his head. "No, even after they check him out he shouldn't be walking around. He'll be too dizzy, and anyway, we have to get going. Leave the shoes."

Jungkook purses his lips as he takes in his injured boyfriend, clad in his clothes and loved by him dearly. It takes everything in Jungkook not to reach over and try to shake Jimin awake, to yell at him wake up, Melonsleepyhead! even though he knows the elder isn't sleeping. He's unconscious, a result of the terrifying reality of being targeted by a powerful organization set out to ruin lives. The same people who ruined Jungkook's life by paralyzing him and blaming him for the accident. The same bitch who harassed and abused Jimin for years, only to come back worse this time, like a pertinent rash.