Epilogue: The Final Aftermath

Start from the beginning

"What's so funny?" Palette asked.

"I'll tell you later." Goth replied.

"Oh, Nightmare arrived!" Goth said happily, as Nightmare, and his Doom and Gloom boys, knew the truth about him being Error. He had told them about Searcher, and they had been keeping an eye out for him...

And this party, was one of the rare ones that had a temporary truce. Which meant, if you came across the murderer that had killed your lover.. Welp, you couldn't do anything, these parties had a 'No fighting' rule.

Nightmare walked over to them, with everyone avoiding his darkness.

"Are you okay kid?" Nightmare asked.

"I could be better." Goth replied.

"Hang in there Goth, things will work out, and we will find him." Nightmare replied, and then, he walked away.

But Goth knew that they would talk later, when people not in the know, couldn't eavesdropped on them.

"That was nice of him." Palette said, he knew that his Uncle would usually avoid social events like this.

"By the way, where is your Mom?" Goth asked, as he looked around.

"No clue, I think that he had another idea to try to talk to or 'save' Uncle Nightmare." Palette said with a sigh, and Goth snorted.

Dream really should just give up.

------

Dream grinned, as he held up a large bottle of amber liquid.

This was some very powerful alcohol.

One with no taste or smell, so it wasn't very popular.

He remembered that Nightmare became more mellow after he had some alcohol.

And he had seen Nightmare sipping the alcohol laced punch earlier.

Maybe, he could become mellow enough for Dream to talk to him.

He added it to the punch that was about to go out on the floor.

But, there was a problem...

He put it in the wrong punch.

The one that had been reversed for the Children, or the Adults, that didn't want to get drunk tonight.

-----

"Hey..." Palette and Goth heard someone speaking to them.

They turned around to see Seeker standing there, and he looked like he had just gotten out of his bed.

The Palette's clothes were rumped, and there was a stain on the right shoulder of his jacket.

They could see the eyebags underneath Seeker's eyesockets, and Palette frowned when he saw something.

Was it just a trick of the light... but that didn't explain why it looked like Seeker was taller than Palette...

-----

Seeker smiled at them, he had a sad look on his face.

-----

"Kill it..." Umbra hissed, as the sunlight hit his face.

"Destroy it, sunlight must die..." He grumbled.

His eyes opened, and he jumped up, running to their private bathroom, and he threw up in the toilet.