Fragile Hopes

Another co-chapter with Firehedgehog

-----

Shades was probably in a spot that he shouldn't be in, sitting on top of one of the super high bookcases in the Library with his legs over the side. He was feeling a bit depressed to tell the truth, he hadn't been able to find anything on the temple and AU information was scarce.

He missed his mom.

He missed his dad.

He missed his siblings.

Sure, he had gotten to see Palette even if in disguise, but his soul hurt so much with how much he missed them.

He was jealous of Ser, Searcher who got to speak to one of his parents... even if Ser's dad was missing.

He wanted to go home.

He entered the Library, he had made a quick stop in a Birdtale AU to get his top and his jacket adjusted so that he could use his wings without destroying them every time that they came out when he was using his Dad's scythe but right now, he wasn't here as Error or Searcher, he was here as Goth, a big brother who sensed that a younger sibling was upset.

"Shades?" He asked, his jacket was tied around his waist and he was holding his travel bag by one of it's straps.

A sniffle was heard, from above.

He looked up.

Shades blinked and he looked down, their eyes met.

He had been trying to find Shades but when he found him, he started to panic, because how did he get up there without wings?!

He had discovered that he could no longer float anymore, a side effect of his Dad's scythe, he was using the Magic that he usually used to float to help him control it.

"Shades!" He yelled. "Get down here before you hurt yourself!

Shades yelped, startled and he lost his balance, he fell forwards, falling a few feet... and stopped.

"Ser... why would you yell, you scared me?" Shades asked, a bit teary eyed as he floated down, before he safely landed on the ground.

He ran towards Shades and he scooped him up into a hug. "I was worried, I didn't know if you had any floating or flying abilities." He said. "Don't scare me like that again."

"I'm sorry Searcher, I didn't mention it because it's still pretty new to me and it's a bit wobbly when I use it." Shades replied.

"Okay." He didn't let go of Shades. "Anyway, I have some good news and some bad news."

"Searcher... all our news is either good or bad news." Shades replied dryly, wiping the tears away.

"Yeah... I think that I know what the masonry is for."

"Go on." Shades said, he had quickly realized he wasn't about to escape the hug of doom, even though he had a migraine quickly building up from them being too close as always.

"Well, I did a charcoal rubbing of it so that I could look at the carvings without having to pull it out of my inventory every five minutes, and the symbol in the middle of it, cut into pieces, is an AU symbol."

"Great... there’s like a zillion of those." Shades moaned, thinking of the pile of them he'd come across just looking into one AU.

"Sadly, I can't check my temple, it's buried. I don't even know if my ice temple has any... but i did find a book for them.  Apparently our linked multiverse shares the same AU Symbols." Shades sighed. "I'm guessing you already tried the temple with the snake guardian for more?"