Talking

Umbra had long ago lost interest in what was going on around himself, the Reaper-Geno chase had ended awhile ago. The Reaper was clutching his mate like a lifeline, and said mate had Ser in their grasp.

He flipped to the next page.

Sooner or later, Searcher and Shades would get their chance to talk on how to return the Ink's souls properly.

A bone brow was raised and he snickered, when Seeker blushed at something that Ser had said.

--------

Goth couldn't help but to snicker at the blush on Palette's face.

"I'm so confused." Ink said.

Umbra flipped to another page and he yawned.

"About what Dad?" Palette asked.

"EVERYTHING!" Ink yelled.

"Paperwork." Umbra coughed out.

Ink whimpered while Goth laughed.

"Paperwork?" Dream asked, he was confused, while Nightmare and Reaper just chuckled.

"Well, when Umbra grounds Ink, he makes him do the backlog of Paperwork that he didn't fill in when he created a new AU." Goth laughed.

"Ask me no questions, and I shall tell no lies." Umbra said wickedly.

"So, has anyone seen Error?" Dream asked. "Palette said that he took a bullet for him and he fell..."

Goth had to suppress the urge to tell Dream the truth, but as much as he wanted to, it was possibly for the best that nearly everyone believed that the Destroyer was dead.

Ink's eyelights changed into panic symbols and he sprinted towards where the bridge had been. "ERROR!"

Reaper and Geno tightened their grip on their son, he may have been the Error at the time, but Goth had been shot!

Sighing, Umbra stood up, shoving his book into his jacket.

Slowly, he walked over and be stopped beside Ink, and down below them, was an an endless void.

"You will have to say goodbye." Umbra told the Creator. "Error is gone now."

"He can't be gone!" Ink yelled. "He just can't.... He was the only constant thing that I had, apart from my vials and Broomie!

I mean, sure, I hurt him, but he was trying to destroy my creations and cause trouble, but he was reliable, I knew that he could always be there and I could trust him to be the one thing that could never change, to be something that I could hold onto when my memory failed me...."

"Do you really hate him that much?" Umbra asked sharply, with his eyelights briefly flaring red.

"I don't know..." Ink whispered. "I knew that he could be a good person, deep down inside, but every time that I tried, he wouldn't open up to me.... But he was there, he was always there...

What am I going to do now?"

"Error is gone, he was tired, so tired. His essence and Soul didn't even make it to the Void, he finally passed on to his final rest." Umbra said quietly.

He stood there, quietly, for a moment.

"What you can do now, is live. Live for today, and tomorrow, and do your duty. That is all anyone can do." Umbra replied.

"But, he's not gone." Goth walked over to Ink, having escaped his parents. "He's here." He pointed to Ink's head. "And here too." He then pointed at Ink's scarf. "Don't forget him Ink, besides, I never got to say 'Thank you' to him..."