Searcher and Shades, Ace Detectives, Act Two

"Weird, still doesn't explain your Fate though... dammit!” Shades exclaimed in sudden realization, and he started speeding through the codes.

"Look, at that moment- a ripple. A splinter of reality, our two multiverses were ripped apart, and it was definitely not a natural split. Look at the codes in these spots." He growled angrily.

"I think The False Lover literally broke the balance in that critical moment, my multiverse is more positive, and yours, negative. Which is why your Fate is out of control, Fate is suppose to be in balance, and a being of that much power- even if not a higher deity- trapped in negativity..." Shades said, trailing off.

"And it's why the relationship ended differently, my Ink broke up with him, yours stayed with him.” Searcher murmured, touching Palette's scarf. "The loss of positivity infected my Ink, and he created more, trying to fill that gap but everything fell apart. And with my Fate in a state of depression, she could no longer see the positives, losing track of her original goal and latching onto anything to keep her sanity, even if it meant making others suffer..."

"The worse part is that we can no longer fix it, as they’re two separate multiverses now." Shades said, a migraine growing behind his eyelights. "Our multiverses are two in one, if one falls, the other will follow."

Now wasn't that a frightening thought.

"What I can do is try to find the version of the false lover in this side, and hope the soul is still with them. You might have to track down your version of them too, after all in the original timeline, they were suppose to steal it, so that might be a clue for you." Shades said thoughtfully.

“You know, it’s weird, knowing that while you’re my multiversal counterpart, you’re also me... in ways that nobody else could be." Shades whispered tiredly.

Searcher smiled. "This is actually the best news ever for me, because up to now, I was stalking out all of the original AUs to see if they had any information on what happened. I know that my Fate hid it somewhere, and now I know that it was to protect it. I just have to find out where it is." A migraine grew behind his eyelights.

"And keep an eye out for that False Lover, they might be looking for it too. Ink may not remember them, but I think that Fate will. It’s almost a certainty that she left several false leads and traps." He smirked.

"Well, I know one way that would tell us apart, Shorty..."

"Really? Other then you being taller then me?" Shades asked dryly.

"Who is currently wearing Palette's scarf?"

"I’d call you a dick, but since we’re two halves of a whole, I'd just be calling myself a dick." Shades said dryly, but he was also jealous, he'd been keeping an eye on Palette but hadn't had any meetings with him since Fate released his past to him.

"Dude, disguise yourself as the version of Goth of whatever AU Palette is in and pretend to bump into him." Searcher smirked. "It is what happened the first time that I bumped into him after I got my memories back, only that it was an accident and I couldn't see over the book that I was reading."

"Sounds like fun, by the way if I ever visit your side of this mess I'm dressing as a Fell Goth just to mess with people." Shades said with a wicked grin that the other shared, as it was a good plan.

Searcher had a wicked grin of his own. "And I can do the same thing, and oh, how I am going to enjoy their faces when they are faced with a Fell Goth that is taller than a Fell Palette.”

"Their faces... oh, stars." Shades cackled. "Anyway, I'll get a message to your side if I find anything like their identity or their AU’s codes for you to hunt it down, we need to get both sides stable and hopefully that will stabilize your Fate and allow us to both go home."

"Yes." Searcher told Shade the names of the three AUs that he had already gone through. "I already checked these three, there was nothing there, although if they are smart enough, they will head to those AUs after we are gone. My next target is Underfell, once its current timeline has ended. And I’m saving Reapertale for last, becuase the moment that I step into it. Dad and Uncle Grim will try to hunt me down. Mom might have a bar of soap waiting for me the moment that they drag me into our house, and I won't be able to leave for a while."

"Thanks, here's the list I have of AUs that I checked on my side. Mostly just scanned, though. My Ink keeps me rather busy." Shades said, passing his information over, then getting up. It was then that he realized that the longer he was close to Searcher, the worse the migraine was getting.

'We're not suppose to be separate people.' He thought, knowing the reason. They'd have to be careful not to spend too much time super close together.

"I'll see you around, other me. Let's get ourselves home." Shades said, taking the other’s hand and shaking it, ignoring the tingling it caused, his body glowing a faint purple as formerly unnoticed markings appeared in his single eyelight.

"I'll give these AUs a quick look once I'm done with Underfell." Searcher said as he stood up, wincing slightly as his migraine grew worse.

'We're not supposed to be separate people.’ He thought at the same time as Shades. They couldn't spend too much time together, even after they stabilised their Multiverses.

"Yeah, I'll see you around." He shook the other's hand, seeing the changes in his markings and ignoring the tingling feeling that he was getting. He didn't notice the matching markings that appeared in his eyelight, or the glow that lit up his bones.

"Let's find a way for us to go home."

(As Searcher left the library, he didn't notice a Dreamswap Dream being thrown out by an Admin, to the shock of the group that he had been harassing.

"Did that other version of our Dream just get thrown out by an Admin?" A Dreamswap Nightmare asked.

"Yep." A Dreamswap Error looked up from a book that he had been reading.

"For bothering us." A Dreamswap Cross said.

"He did." Someone wearing a black hoodie with the hood up said.

"All in favour for buying that Admin some chocolate, say 'aye'!" The Nightmare said.

"Aye!")

------

Yep, so this is the end of the co-chapter that I wrote with Firehedgehog and we should be back to Searcher and his story in the next chapter.

The characters that made a cameo here are my main Dreamswap group. This library connects a lot of Multiverses together, and a lot of creators, so it is common to see characters from another Multiverse here.