ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 28 - 𝕊𝕖𝕔𝕠𝕟𝕕 𝕓𝕚𝕥𝕖 𝕠𝕗 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕒𝕡𝕡𝕝𝕖

Start from the beginning

"You weren't here, sir so that's why you don't know." Jason says and Lee's brow becomes closer as he asks again, "Know what?"

"The court released Jeon two months ago, sir." Lee's face becomes pure white as his blood runs cold inside his body. He can't believe his ears.

"What?! But how is this possible? He himself confessed everything." Lee shouts, more like whines hearing that.

Jason shakes his head as he replies, "He didn't confess, sir. He admitted whatever we asked him at that time. He didn't talk back or gave any other explanations. His lawyer demanded a medical test." 

"Medical test? But he wasn't sick or something." Lee points out and Jason nods his head as he answers softly, "He is, sir. Not physically but…..mentally."

"What nonsense!" Lee shouts as he places the file on the table with a loud noise. His eyes become red. 

This was the only case which demotivated this agent a lot at that time. Releasing Jungkook means failing the case. And Lee realized, he already failed it. 

"Mr. Jeon has been suffering from an OCD. He has a mental disorder called dementia from the time he lost his parents. And Mr. Kim said in the court that they are childhood friends. They found each other after a long time. Almost 18 years. He was all alone before he found Mr. Kim. He has no one to lose. So, when Jeon found out that other men are touching his only best friend, his only relative, he couldn't handle it because of his obsession with Mr. Kim, which are symptoms of dementia."

Jason pauses and Lee stares at the younger as if he is dreaming a very bad dream. 

"Obsessive or Compulsive disorder. That's why he killed all of them who was Mr. Kim's client. Several meetings took place about this matter between the judiciaries and the court checked all his medical reports. Knowing all of these, Mr. Kim requested to the court to release Jeon claiming that he needs treatment, not punishment. And........he was ready to take all his responsibilities. Then, finally, after 3 months, the court declared the final hearing and they released Jeon with a lot of rules and regulations. You know.....the basics."

Jason finishes and observes his boss's expression which is not that much pleasurable.

After a few seconds, the younger states, "You….don't look that much happy about it, I guess."

"Of course, I'm not happy. We lost the case, Jason." Lee shouts as he places his head on the chair breathing heavily. 

"Sir, we didn't lose the case. He is mentally sick. When he killed those people, he wasn't in his own senses. It's not like we arrested the wrong person." Jason tries to point out but the elder isn't buying it as he shakes his head in defeat.

"They were innocent people, Jason. How can the court release him like that?"

Jason doesn't reply as he takes a deep sigh mumbling softly, "Sometimes it's good to lose one case."

"What did you say?" Lee asks as he doesn't hear the other's statement clearly.

Jason jolts up shaking his head instantly and replies, "Nothing. I should go now, sir."

"Where are they now?" Jason looks at his boss as he thinks for some time before answering, "Not sure. Last time, I heard Mr. Kim was talking about taking Jeon out of the country for his treatment."

Lee nods softly and then says, "Okay, you can go now."

Thank God!

Jason exclaims mentally and rushes out of the room which is basically hell for him. But someone is not okay with the story Jason just said.