ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 28 - 𝕊𝕖𝕔𝕠𝕟𝕕 𝕓𝕚𝕥𝕖 𝕠𝕗 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕒𝕡𝕡𝕝𝕖

Third Person P.O.V

The NIS office is being decorated beautifully today. All the secret agents and officers are celebrating.

Today is the day of their joy and happiness. The joy of winning. Celebration of winning a case which was not less than any war.

Though a particular team has won the case but the happiness spreads throughout the NIS. Well, solving a money laundering case isn't a small thing, right? 

The team is coming back to the country today after solving the case. The whole NIS is waiting to welcome them. After 6 months being on a mission, they deserve at least a warm welcome.

"There they are. Welcome! Welcome!" The man exclaims with his deep tone as he steps ahead in the middle of the big hallroom.

A team of 6 members stands right in front of him as they do their mandatory 'salute of honour' towards their boss. The man nods his head and then takes a step more towards the captain of the mission. 

"I'm so proud of you, Lee. You never failed me in any cases. Welcome back!".

Lee smiles as he bows before his boss and replies a polite, "Thank you, sir. It was possible only because of this amazing team." 

"Alright, have some drinks and enjoy the night, yeah? Tonight is all yours, agents." The boss declares happily and then leaves the place with two more guards behind him. 

"Welcome back sir." Lee was looking at the way where his boss was going and he turns his head around when he hears the very familiar voice.

"Oh, how much I missed your voice, Jason." Lee mocks in his very sweet tone.

Jason's lips parted in an 'O' shape as he asks in wonder, "Really, sir?"

"Of course not, stupid. I was so happy that I didn't have to hear your intolerable tone in those 6 months." Lee sighs as he walks inside his office with Jason behind him.

The younger pouts slightly but shrugs it off as he knows how his boss is. He stands before Lee when the elder settles his table a bit, a habit he has since he joined this service.

"But thank you. Without you, we won't be able to track them on time. Max told me how much you've worked hard here. Good job, agent." Jason's eyes get ten times bigger than usual as he hears praises from his boss for the first time.

"Are you….praising me by any chance or I'm now hearing things?" Jason looks around as he asks that in confusion. Shock can be read by seeing his face.

Lee chuckles as he asks completely ignoring the other's wonder, "Have you brought my schedule for tomorrow?" 

Jason comes back to earth as he says, "Yeah. Here. Sir, if you forget then let me remind you, this party is for you."

Lee answers while his eyes are reading the schedule, "Yes, I remember that very clearly, Jason."

"Won't you join? NIS offering wine is the rarest case, you know? We should use this chance properly, sir." Jason suggests so seriously as if this is the final mission of his life. 

"Go ahead. Enjoy. Who stopped you? I'm going home anyway." Lee says nonchalantly as he turns the page.

"Okay! Thank you, sir. Welcome back again and have a good night." Jason says excitedly as he stands up to leave the place but halts when Lee calls him from behind, "Wait, there is no schedule for the court hearing of Jeon."

Jason frowns as he answers, "Yes, sir. There isn't."

"But why? I'm back so I should be present in the hearing, right? This week might be the last one as far as I remember." Lee says and Jason comes back and sits on the chair right across Lee.