Chapter 7: Awkward Thoughts

Start from the beginning

Percy hesitated for a moment. "I promise," he whispered.

The door then slammed open as Artemis strode into the room. "I found pizza!" she said before taking in the scene before her. Slamming the pizza boxes on the small desk she strode towards the pair curled up on the floor. "Get away from her, boy!" Artemis snarled.

Percy jumped up and scrambled away from the angry goddess. "Now, wait, I can expla-"

"Silence, boy," she spat as she pulled out her bow. "I may not be able to kill you, yet, but I can make you wish you were."

Thalia threw herself in front of Percy as Artemis started drawing back her bow, and arrow set in the string.. "M'Lady, please," Thalia pleaded.

"Move, lieutenant," Artemis growled.

"Nothing happened!" Thalia shouted. "Percy was just comforting me, it has been rough these last couple of years."

"Is that so?" Artemis replied, lowering her bow a touch.

"Yes, we swear it on the River Styx," Thalia promised while elbowing Percy.

"Oh, um, ya, that's all that happened," Percy stammered as thunder boomed in the distance.

"Hmm, fine," Artemis grudgingly accepted. "Now eat, I found. A bus to Coalville in the morning, and I want you rested.

Lowering their guard Percy and Thalia went over to the table for some pizza. As Percy was waiting for Thalia to get some Artemis suddenly turned and kicked Percy where Apollo doesn't shine.

Percy clutched himself and slid to the floor, letting out a whimper. "Why in the name of Poseidon's underpants did you do that?" Percy was able to gasp out after a few moments.

"Consider it a warning," Artemis glared at him.

Eventually, Percy was able to get up and grab some pizza for himself. He devoured what he had, and kept going back for more. After he had nearly finished an entire box, Thalia interrupted him. "Dude, when was the last time you ate?" she exclaimed.

He thought for a moment. "I don't know, maybe a week, week and a half ago?"

Thalia just shook her head and went back to eating what she had. When it came time for bed, Percy and Thalia argued over who would take the bed. They couldn't agree, so Percy took action by grabbing a pillow and going into the bathroom to sleep in the tub.

Percy was startled awake by a stream of water from the shower. "Wha-?" he questioned after letting out a small scream.

"Rise and shine, Kelp Head!" Thalia laughed from the side of him.

"Oh, so that's how you want to play, Pinecone Face," Percy growled, sending the small stream of water in Thalia's direction.

She let out a small scream, that then turned into a giggle. "Peeercyyy," she complained.

He just smirked in response before shutting off the water and heading out of the bathroom, drawing all the water from around the room and sending it down the drain in the process.

Thalia leaned on the counter in front of the mirror, pondering what had just happened. Her old feelings about Percy seemed to be surfacing, and she wasn't sure what to do about it. I'm a Hunter for Zeus' sake, Thalia admonished herself. I can't be feeling things like this!

Percy and Artemis were sitting in the main space of the room, waiting for Thalia. Artemis had told him the plan, and warned against attempting to escape.

"Ready to go?" Thalia asked as she walked out of the bathroom.

Percy's breath caught a little. Thalia's hair was longer than it usually, long enough to be pulled back in a ponytail. She still had the electric blue streak in her hair, and her makeup was not as heavy as she usually did it. Even in her rumpled and dirt clothes, Percy thought she looked pretty.