❧ | AUTHOR'S NOTE

Dearest angels (my readers),

Eunoia is a book that I never intended to make. It's not like my other books, nothing pre-planned or anything. This basically has all the poems or pieces of my writings that do not fit in any book that I had made earlier. These are the words I scribbled at the backside of my rough notebook, in my old annual diaries, written and forgotten in my wattpad conversations tab or posted just as musings in an Instagram story. I never really liked these enough to add them in any book. They just didn't "fit in" or weren't "enough".

But one day, when I was going through my poems, I noticed that many of the things I wrote and forgot about were just like me. I always tell my friends or other writers/artists to create art and take pride in it, no matter what it is. If I don't like these pieces, then I am breaking my own rules. That day I realised something that made me want to love these pieces, these broken poems with no timeline or anything, these words whose real meaning has rusted because I thought they were not "enough". Until and unless I learn to love everything I create,  I don't think it's good to advise others to do the same.

So, I created this with all the words that did not belong anywhere. I gave them a home called "Eunoia" because that means 'a beautiful thinking' and all these poems, quotes, etc. are all a part of who I am. It's not just the polished, well-planned poems that should define me when these little pieces have built me up just the same.

That's why, please don't expect fancy metaphors or good-old rhymes, or other poetic devices in this book. This is my way of showing the imperfect, messy self that I am who scribbles fast with untidy handwriting although I can write neatly. This is me adding ink or coffee stains knowingly on my diary pages for a personal touch-up. This is me doodling along with writing things, having pressed sunflowers as bookmarks and newspaper cuttings of all the little things that I love. This is my Eunoia, my beautiful and ugly thinking, my well-organised and messy mind - just for you.

I hope you find bits of yourself here - in the joy, the sorrow, the love, the friendships, the anger, the pain, the nostalgia, the past and the future. Although a mess, all of my thoughts have been divided into parts that hold mini galaxies and together all of this form a complete picture, a complete universe. Please take care of the pieces that I love -- and those which I don't. 

To my readers, my friends, my stars - thank you for being there for me. No matter how many I get today or in the future, each one of you defines me, my writings and my life. Without you, I must say, I will not be who I am. Thank you for coming this long with me, and I dearly wish you'll stay no matter what.

Love,
SweetSimu.

to sunsets, coffee-cups and dandelions,
i hope you'll walk me to heaven, my angels.

to sunsets, coffee-cups and dandelions,i hope you'll walk me to heaven, my angels

"Heaven is Holy!"