8. the room of requirement

on the following monday, classes continued.

calum waited outside the hufflepuff common room for the three best friends and walked with them to potions. elena smiled when she saw the boy and intertwined her fingers with his as they walked. luke saw and tried to make the same move with alison, but her hands were too quick, and he was too nervous.

once the group arrived to the classroom, they sat down at their usual table until professor snape entered the room.

"you'll be practicing in your same pairs as last week. move there now." he monotonously announces.

"b-but ali." luke pouts, looking around at his table for some help. his parter from last week was pansy parkinson, and merlin knows neither of them want to go through that again. plus, he had a girlfriend now.

before anyone could offer advice, ashton approaches the table. "morning everyone!"

"good morning, ashton." elena smiles at the boy.

"hey, ash." calum nods.

"ahem, lucas. i think you're in my seat." he says, looking patiently at luke, but receiving a glare in response.

"mister hemmings, unless one of your friends magically glued your backside to your seat, i trust you can find your way to your partner." snape scolds, walking by the table. "page 82!" he tells the class.

luke frowns, straightening his lips into a line. "yes sir." he mumbles, standing up.

"don't worry, babe. i'll meet you after class." ali tells her boyfriend, giving him a kiss on the cheek.

luke smiles at her softly then walks to the other side of the room to work with pansy. ashton sits down in his seat and put his hands on the table. "now, what shall we be brewing today?"

"hopefully some liquid luck!" a familiar voice says.

elena, calum, alison and ashton turn their heads and see michael clifford walking up to their table. attached to his arm was his girlfriend, lavender brown.

"maybe then alison would have a chance at winning a quidditch match." he laughs, earning a chuckle from the other students except for ali, who just looked annoyed.

"what do you think you're doing at our table?" she snaps at her arch enemy.

"i thought we'd sit here today if that's okay with you guys." michael smiles as him and lavender sit down at an empty side of the table.

"sure." elena smiles at the couple, which was ali was not pleased with.

"what's wrong with your own table?" ali scoffs.

michael turns his head to look at the table in the back of the classroom. seamus finnigan was holding up and looking into two ornately decorated bottles, trying to figure out what they were. his partner, cho chang, just watched, looking like she felt bad for the kid.

"finnigan makes nearly every cauldron of his explode." michael explains, turning back to his new table.

"i don't like it getting in my hair." lavender nods, looking to the girls at the table.

"well, you might get it in your hair anyways considering how good this one is at potions." calum chuckles, nudging elena.

"hey!" elena laughs. "you're my tutor so it's your fault if i fail today." she teases him, then begins gathering the ingredients for the potion.

"oh, you're the durmstrang guy!" michael says, looking at calum. "i'm michael. ravenclaw. quidditch keeper and best player of the season." he smirks, looking at alison.