Epilogue

𝐀𝐬 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐬 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞
𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧’𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐠𝐨 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧

JAEMIN

'Is he done yet?' Dahee let go of my hand to roll up her sleeve, taking a look at her watch.

'Calm down, he just finished high school. He spent half of his life there, he needs to say goodbye to everything and everyone here.'

'You're exaggrating.' The girl shook her head but reached out to my hand and interwinded our fingers anyways.

'No. I met the most important people of my life in high school. You,' I lifted up our hands and kissed the back of hers. 'The majority of my friends.. And Mrs. Kim.' I grinned.

When the girl heard the last name, her face went pale. 'Don't ever remind me of that woman. She sent me to the principal's office twenty times in three years.'

'Those were the good times. Remember when you fell down the stairs?
You were rushing because you were late from class.' I laughed, recalling the memory. I didn't find this funny back then, I immediately hurried over to help her.

'Don't laugh! That was one of my most embarrassing moment in life. Hey, I said don't laugh!'

'Sorry, I just.. We did grow up, looking back to our past selves.'

My girlfriend smiled. 'We really did.'

Suddenly, I felt a tap on my shoulder. Turning back, I found Jisung standing next to me, a box in his hands.

'You look good in this gown.' I smiled like a proud dad. Well, I did feel like a proud dad.

'Yeah, you told me that already.' The younger scrunched up his nose.

'How you feel about graduation? Are you sad?' Dahee looked at Jisung with a kind smile.

'Not really, I've been waiting for this moment since sophomore year.' He grimaced, making us laugh.
'But I do worry about going to university.'

'Don't, it will be fun. I mean I guess, I've never went to university.' Dahee laughed.
'Now, let's go to the bus station, ok?'

'Okay, I'm gonna call Jeno.' I took out my phone from my pocket and went into the contacts.
The boy picked it up five seconds after it rang out. 'Hello?'
'Hey. Jisung's done, were heading to the bus station right now. What about y'all?'

'Mina's sister finished already, we're almost at the restaurant.'

'Alright. Meet you there then. Bye.'
After the boy said goodbye too I ended the call and put my phone back in my pocket, my eyes meeting Jisung's confused ones.

'What's happening?' He asked.

'Didn't I tell you about it? We're eating out with Jeno, his girlfriend Mina and her sister. What was her name again?'

'Minju, I think.' Dahee narrowed her eyes meaning she was thinking hard.

'Right, Minju. Jeno told me you were in the same dance class.'

'Kwon Minju? You're friends with Kwon Minju's sister's boyfriend? And we're all eating out?' Jisung widened his eyes.

'Yeah.. Why?'

'Cool.' The younger whispered.

'Are you friends with Minju?'

'No, but I once had a Biology project together. Well, we only talked about the necessary stuff.'

'Well, you can talk to her now about more interesting stuff. Hurry up, I don't wanna be late.'

'Wait, I'll have to go in my gown? No way, that's too embarrassing.' The younger whined.

'It's not embarrassing. You're a high school graduate only once in your life so enjoy this one day.' Dahee patted his arm.

'Is your sister here yet?' I turned to Jisung.

'Yeah, she texted me saying she's ready at the bus station. Wait, she's coming too?'

'Of course. Graduation day is for the friends and family, Jisungie.'

The younger scrunched up his nose. 'If you call me Jisungie one more time I'm gonna go home and you'll have to celebrate my graduation without me.' He threatened me but I just laughed.

'You would miss the opportunity of free food?' Dahee laughed, making Jisung shook his head rapidly.

We soon arrived to the bus station, where Jiwon was already waiting for us.
'Hey, guys.'

'Hi, Jiwon.' I smiled while Dahee waved to the other girl.

'Hello, sister.' Jisung grinned. Jiwon opened her arms wide and pulled his brother into a big, aggresive hug.

I walked a few meters away (and dragged Dahee with myself since we were still holding hands) to leave the siblings alone. Let them celebrate, they went through so much together.

'Well, how are you feeling now?' My girlfriend turned to me.

'Me? Why are you asking?' I frowned.

'This time last year we were here too, holding hands. After that day things started going downhill.' Dahee sighed.

'Yeah, I know. But I'm glad we're here now today, holding hands again.' I smiled and leaned closer to her. I closed my eyes and kissed her softly, trying to put my feelings into it.

When I pulled away and opened my eyes, she was looking back at me in a way that I almost melted. Her wide, big, dark brown eyes with a whole universe in them. My universe. And my universe was back.

The end of the book
Thank you for reading

Song: Dreamcatcher-Deja Vu (trans credit colorcodedlyrics.com)

Half of this book was literally Jisung I'm sorry I just love him too much lmao he's this 👌 close to be my bias