[4]

𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐮𝐞𝐬, 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐮𝐞𝐬
𝐆𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐤, 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐟𝐢𝐱 𝐲𝐨𝐮

JAEMIN

I walked into the café. It was around 10 AM so only a few people were enjoying the shop's calm aura, mostly doing their work on laptops or notebooks.

Since there was no line, I stepped straight to the counter, gaining the attention of a barista called Jeno. I knew nothing about him besides his name, but usually he had the morning shifts and that's when I come here too.

It was a small café anyway with a small number of baristas.

Jeno put down the yellow cloth he was wiping the counter with and gave me his well-known eyesmile which appeared whenever he was smiling- and he was always smiling.
'

Good morning and also Happy New Year! The usual?'

'You too. Yes, the usual.' I smiled back and grabbed my wallet.
'Oh, and a lemon blueberry cheesecake.'

'That will be 5,600₩. Would you like to pay by cash or by credit card?'

'Credit card.'

'Alright. Thank you, you're order will be done in a few minutes.' He gave me a bright smile again then left to make my coffee. I put away my card and made my way to a box, next to a window.

I sat down and pulled out my phone from my jeans' pocket. 10:52. Jisung will arrive around 11:10, so I have plenty of time.

I looked out of the window. The usually quiet streets were even more quite due to last night. It's a holiday, most people don't have work today (like me).

A few minutes later Jeno brought the coffee and the cake to my table. 'Here's your order.'

'Ah, thank you.' I smiled and took a ship of my coffee. Yes, this is all I needed in mornings like this.

Strangely, the barista didn't leave. He didn't say anything for a moment but then the pointed at the chair in front of me. 'Can I...?'

'Of course.' I nodded and looked at Jeno with curiosity.

He took a seat and observed my face softly. 'Are you okay? You look bothered.'

'Don't worry, I'm just worn out from yesterday.'

'Oh, did you party that hard?' He grinned.

'No, I just went to bed at like 5 in the morning. You on the other side don't look tired.'

'It's just the looks. Who isn't tired after a party?' Jeno laughed. He then looked at his lap as if he hesitated to speak.
'May I... Know your name? You don't have to tell if you don't want to, I ain't forcing you.' He added the second part quickly.

I smiled. 'I'm Jaemin. When were you born?'

'I was born in 2000.'

'Really? Me too! Same age friend!'

'For real? That's awesome!' The guy's eyes gleamed.
'By the way, my name's Jeno but I think you already know that.' He looked at his nametag.