[16]

𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧' 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐲𝐩𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥 𝐦𝐞 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤 𝐦𝐲 𝐭𝐲𝐩𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥 𝐫𝐮𝐥𝐞𝐬

DAHEE

For the rest of the evening, we just talked (also I made some dinner for Jaemin).

However, we mostly talked over small, casual things. It was strange and my heart was begging for more, but we had to rebuilt our relationship from the start.

Around 9:45 PM, I noticed how the boy's cheecks were red.

'Jaemin, are you feeling okay? Do you have a headache?'

'Yeah, but it's nothi-'

I put my hand on his forehead then gasped. 'Shit, you're hot.'

'I know.' Jaemin winked at me lazily.

'Stupid. Let me get the thermometer- where is it?'

'On the kitchen counter, probably.'

I nodded then went to look after the object. When I found it, I rushed back to the guy who was resting his head on the back of the couch with his eyes closed.

'Please use it, I'll get you some water.'

I waited for the boy's response (which was a quiet 'okay') then headed to the kitchen again.
I was way too familiar with the place by now, considering I put a lot of effort into monitoring if Jaemin was hydrating himself.

'38.4' Jaemin said after I placed the cup on the coffee table.
'I should take some medicine-'

'Go into your room and get some rest, I'll get your medicine.'
I marched into the kitchen (again for the third time) and grabbed the medicine. I remembered right- it was on the counter.

After making sure the boy took the medicine I gave him, I decided to go to tell Jisung about Jaemin. I don't wanna leave the boy alone in his flat with him having a fever. But I have to go home, it's getting late.

When I walked out of the flat to the hallway I faced a big problem: I don't know which flat is Jisung's. One says Park Jiwon and the other one says Dr. Kim Taeil.
Well, Jisung could be Dr. Kim's son. Or brother maybe. Or cousin.
But he could be Jiwon's relative too. Oh, damn it.

I was about to ring Dr. Kim's doorbell when I remembered the young boy saying 'neighbour'. Park Jiwon's flat is the one which is exactly next to Jaemin's so maybe...

I rang the doorbell and even knocked two times, nobody opened the door. Maybe he's asleep.
Ah, then what should I do? Maybe he just didn't hear the doorbell..

I carefully grabbed the door handle but no use: the door was closed.
What were you thinking, Lee Dahee, who the fuck wouldn't close their door at 10 PM.

I sighed then walked back to Jaemin's place.

I entered the boy's bedroom, him sleeping pracefully.
I sat on the bed carefully and admired his features. If only I had the chance to see this face everyday..

I put my hand on his hot forehead and sighed. He didn't hear me anyways.

'I have no idea where's Jisung and I don't want to leave you here with a fever.' I combed a few stray hair out of his face.
'So I'll stay.. If you don't mind.'

Suddenly his hand grabbed mine. 'You don't have to.' Jaemin murmured with his eyes closed.

'But I want to.' I whispered and gently patted his hair before standing up.

'Wait.' The boy called out. I turned back to see him smiling at me weakly.
'You can put on some of my clothes. Also use the bathroom if you want, I have extra towels.'

'Thanks.' I smiled and left the room with a heavy heart. How badly I wanted to say next to him.

I walked into the other room where his wardrobe was. I opened the door to see the clothes (mostly white and black) being semi-organized. I grabbed a black hoodie then started observing the pants.
Option one: I choose shorts but might feel cold.
Option two: I choose long pants but it will be way too big so I have to roll the legs up.

I decided to grab a pair of black shorts. Anything but rolled up pants.

I went into the bathroom to change, catching my reflection in the mirror.  Hair a bit mess, , black clothes 2 times bigger than me.
I didn't have spare underwear so I decided to skip showering tonight. Luckily, I could clean my face because I had a bottle of makeup remover in my bag- I always do. For emergencies like tonight.

I sat on the couch and put the blanket- which I found there folded- over myself. I turned on my phone to text Chaeyoung that I'm not going home tonight.

I rested my head on the back of the couch and stared at the ceiling.
What am I doing? It's almost 10:30 PM, I'm at Jaemin's (who's my ex) flat and I'm wearing his clothes while he's sick.

Did I plan tonight to end like this? No.
Do I regret a thing? No. 

The end of the 16th chapter
To be continued..

Song: Jonas Brothers-Sucker

Finally a chapter I didn't write on the bus😳

Also this book sucks